Shipping Tool Form

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
daveg

Shipping Tool Form

Post by daveg »

So I want to send a gift to the UK...accessed PO Shipping Tool, filled it in.... Rejected!
It wanted a t least one description of parcel contents, I filled that part in BUT it doesn't see it!
Also what does " Gift to friends isn't a shipment" mean?..
Any thoughts?...
galexinda

Re: Shipping Tool Form

Post by galexinda »

You have to describe exactly what is in the parcel ie toys, clothes, book, etc.
Not looked at this particular method but usually you have to enter the total value of the items.

If there is something in the parcel that is not listed and subsequently opened and checked by Customs there may be a fine or even confiscation of the parcel.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Thanks galexinda, I filled in toys, but it comes up " you must fill in at least 1 item" ....even though I HAVE!..
Also put in the value...to no avail?
In future I'll just transfer money...far easier than this tosh...
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

daveg wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 am Thanks galexinda, I filled in toys, but it comes up " you must fill in at least 1 item" ....even though I HAVE!..
I had this problem initially yesterday. What you have to make sure is that when you've filled out all the fields for the item, you click on the "Add" button then it will add that item and allow you to enter more items if you have any. Also important is not to forget to WRITE down the reference number after it pops up as they don't confirm by email.
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

We are suffering in our businesses too, with a combination of supply issues/price hikes/uncertainty ( with Covid 19 to be factored in also ) however, I see these problems are predominantly being made by the Bloc, as a stark warning to the remaining 26 members, that's all

The bullying Bloc is dictating the tone of the relationship as it always has and, indeed, always will.

Things do legally need to be different now we are divorce absolute, but we still have to work together on certain things to the mutual benefit of the people not political gameplay

You do not need to be tied to the hip and legally married to have a long, fruitful and pleasurable relationship with each other, many couples just live together and in many cases their relationships are stronger in a way

Common sense and pragmatism loose out to the word "Politics"
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

When filling it in, make sure you click add item after filling in contents form.
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Wow what a sanctimonious and supercilious response

I can understand why matters get out of hand on forums, you have not read my post correctly

FYI, whilst I did not say how I voted 4 years ago, you have made incredible assumptions about me owning "it" or looking for sympathy

I merely replied to your post re supply and cost issues effecting businesses in 2021 and gave you my current experience of running a business in 2021 , albeit 2000 miles away, and the challenges I am personally finding, together with, in a layman's point of view, is the root cause of the current difficulties, that both you and I are both experiencing ( Covid-19 aside )

I will ask you for your opinion as to why you are currently experiencing these problems and why you consider the "blame" of your problems lie 100% with the UK.

Perhaps not voting in 2016 and having no "Political" allegiance was my privilege and can look at both sides of a coin without taking the blinkered view from the high ground as you have done
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Morel

Having worked all over the world and had first hand experience of dealing with Customs when trying to expedite critical items for major projects I can fully understand your frustration.
You blame the EU but in actual fact the UK government decided to replace the regulations that would have allowed smoother flow of goods.
You appear to expect the EU to go easy on the UK but what about all the other third countries, should the EU go easy on them as well?.
I was reading an article this morning about a Cheese manufacturer who was having the same problems but unlike you the owner put the blame firmly on the UK government.
You seem to want to have a sliding scale of applying rules for different countries and accusing the EU of bullying for refusing to do so.

Jim
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

daveg wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 am Thanks galexinda, I filled in toys, but it comes up " you must fill in at least 1 item" ....even though I HAVE!..
Just had a look at the format and far too complex for me and certainly doesn't live up to this statement: ''Cyprus Post have prepared an application to allow you to prepare in a user friendly manner the Shipment Request''.

Also note that some people are having problems collecting parcels here from the UK - especially gifts - with regards to value of the items being open to interpretation if there are no receipts.
daveg

Post by daveg »

So went to PO today with my shipping number, sign this ,sign that etc 3 sheets of paper printed per parcel , you get to keep one.
Sent a query email to Cyprus Post, received a phone call back explaining that this new system was put in place because the USA demanded it.
Next to know time was allowed to implement theses changes which apply to any country outside the EU.
Also they explained that it applies to ALL parcels Including Gifts to friends and family, hence the Statement that appears when you tick Gift....
I would hesitate to post a parcel back to the UK now, although the system may improve...