Posting a letter

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sashascot

Posting a letter

Post by Sashascot »

I need to post a letter to Scotland a.s.a.p. What is the fastest way to do this ?I normally use the post office near Paphos market but unsure if it is open and do I have to fill out any forms.All help will be gratefully received.
Uncle D

Re: Posting a letter

Post by Uncle D »

https://g.co/kgs/vocqp8

The post office opposite M&S all those buildings were closed for a refurb and moved to Anavargos, I don't think that it reopened but if you live down in that area the one at kato Paphos will be the nearest.
David
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Uncle D wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:04 am https://g.co/kgs/vocqp8

The post office opposite M&S all those buildings were closed for a refurb and moved to Anavargos, I don't think that it reopened but if you live down in that area the one at kato Paphos will be the nearest.
How far back are you going Uncle D? We used the little one near M&S around mid November.

Ian
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

If it is really urgent, UPS offers a next day before midday door-to-door service, but at a price (it used to be €40 but their tariff changes frequently and it may be more or less now.) You can always phone to find the current price and conditions.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

PolemIan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:24 pm
Uncle D wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:04 am https://g.co/kgs/vocqp8

How far back are you going Uncle D? We used the little one near M&S around mid November.

Ian
To be honest it was some time ago, then they closed that road down for some time when building that new cafe etc, I thought that it had shut for good.
But at least you have answered with the correct info. :oops:
David
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, the Old Post Office moved from its temporary lodging near the Agapinoros Hotel back to its old home nearly a year ago. It is certainly open, as my PO box is there, I visit it every week! The old Colonial house it is part of, has been renovate and repainted.
Dee
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

A document (5 pages) recently sent to UK via DHL cost €29.88 and was received 2 days later.

Registered mail (for a letter) from the PO near Paphos Homemarket costs €2.54 and usually takes about 7-10 days and can be tracked. You don't need to fill a form but the cashier prints a barcoded sticker and gives you it on a receipt.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

If the PO can print /stamp a traceable bar code on a letter, why can't it type a bar code on a small parcel?

Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:57 am If the PO can print /stamp a traceable bar code on a letter, why can't it type a bar code on a small parcel?
It can, provided that there is a flat surface wide enough to take the length of the barcode with a few millimetres extra. I have often sent small packets.
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

The reference to "letter" was related to the cost. I did not say that they couldn't do the same for a small parcel.