Three nine storey buildings to be built near Aquamare Hotel

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Yioula

Re: Three nine storey buildings to be built near Aquamare Hotel

Post by Yioula »

After watching Dominic ‘s Paphos Coastal Walk which has confused me somewhat (maybe the cut sequence) I certainly don’t agree with any nine storey development

I think greed of developers etc etc needs to be addressed looking to 2021 tourism (if only) they need to concentrate on what there is too hand and develop that further than destroying what’s already there, Cyprus has so much to offer but there is so much short sightedness in the tourism market, further destruction and development is not the answer
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

WHL, when we bought our period cottage in 1991, in a village in Glos, the old 'dunny' was sill there, housed in its own stone walled shed, a short but draughty walk from the house! However it was a relic from the past, modern bathrooms having been created inside the house! So there was no need for your characteristic snide remark.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:38 pm WHL, when we bought our period cottage in 1991, in a village in Glos, the old 'dunny' was sill there, housed in its own stone walled shed, a short but draughty walk from the house! However it was a relic from the past, modern bathrooms having been created inside the house! So there was no need for your characteristic snide remark.

Dee
Nothing snide about it, you seem to want others to live in old buildings, with quaint plumbing, yet you want modern amenities for yourself, breaking news, we are now in 2021, people want modern buildings to live in, with mod cons, air con etc etc,
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi WHL,
Where did I say that I liked antique dunnies!?
I was only thinking about such things because they were mentioned on here.
Yes, if you ever saw the back to back terraces in the run down parts of towns in the UK, circa early 1960's, you would have seen their 'back yards. Where from the road you could see the sheds containing such things...Now a days, they are demolished and probably replaced by tower blocks of council flats.
These are just memories, nothing personal.
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:04 am Hi WHL,
Where did I say that I liked antique dunnies!?
I was only thinking about such things because they were mentioned on here.
Yes, if you ever saw the back to back terraces in the run down parts of towns in the UK, circa early 1960's, you would have seen their 'back yards. Where from the road you could see the sheds containing such things...Now a days, they are demolished and probably replaced by tower blocks of council flats.
These are just memories, nothing personal.
Dee
As a kid in the 50s we lived in a london terrace house with a shed in the back yard, with a victorian seat toilet, a tin bath hanging on the outside wall, the coalman used to drop the coal into a round manhole in the pavement strait into our cellar, happy days not, but im sure some idiot luvey would pay milions for that now.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Some may find it quaint sitting on plastic seats and tables that may or may not be clean, drinking a very limited sort of coffee and other drinks in what may or not be clean very old coffee cups, visiting a toilet with or without a seat, toilet paper optional, flush optional, hand washing facilities optional, sweating buckets in summer and freezing in winter and maybe food at your own risk!
However I prefer branded facilities (Costa Coffee, Cafe Nero etc.) that you know have got it right in standards that we the public expect and demand.
Also as many of the Cypriot under 40's have been educated abroad, it appears that they prefer the international chain(s) and when one speaks to them they point out the above as the reason why.
I do accept that a grotty coffee in a village coffee shop cost 60c to €1 rather than the €3 or €4.