How is Cyprus Doing With the Vaccine Roll Out ?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mike J

How is Cyprus Doing With the Vaccine Roll Out ?

Post by Mike J »

https://www.statista.com/statistics/119 ... y-country/

Looking at the EU countries a favourite phrase that always featured on my school reports comes to mind. Could try harder .
Kili01

Re: How is Cyprus Doing With the Vaccine Roll Out ?

Post by Kili01 »

The EU has made a mess up by ordering insufficient vaccine for the 27 EU states.
Cyprus is only getting a percentage of what if should be receiving. So the vaccination process is much slower now than was anticipated.
Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The problem with the UK vaccinations is that concerning the actual vaccinations, they are not following the manufacturers instruction fully, They have decided not to give the 2nd dose after 2-3 weeks, but instead have said that it doesn't matter and that they plan to give the 2nd jab after 12 weeks. This means that they can vaccinate a greater no of people, but how effective will the new vaccines be when not administered correctly? Time will tell.
Dee
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

My wife is a member of several Cypriot based Russian Forums and the general consensus is the severity of Covid pandemic is a hoax. Even the general media in Russia has Daily programmes saying things like "you're more likely to be struck by lightning than catch Covid". It looks like a sizable part of the population in Cyprus are only paying lip service to the rules.

Jim
jeba

Post by jeba »

Jim B wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 am Even the general media in Russia has Daily programmes saying things like "you're more likely to be struck by lightning than catch Covid".
That quote is probably incomplete. I guess it should read ""you're more likely to be struck by lightning than catch Covid as long as you´re self-isolating properly"
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

But at what risk to peoples mental health, particularly to people living on their own? Shutting people up on their own for weeks and weeks isn't good for anyone. At least in the UK single people can form a 'bubble' with one other person. As it is the only human contact afforded to them here is that they may walk with one other person for exercise outside.

Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

HIC, you probably don't understand. Comparing the social isolation during Covid to conditions in WW11 is a strange comparison. All my family did their bit for the war effort, be it in the armed services, or in one-of the support services that were also essential, as most adults did.But in all these jobs it was camaraderie with other people which helped them get through it. Not enforced social isolation... Probably not what you are subject to!

Dee
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:44 am But at what risk to peoples mental health, particularly to people living on their own? Shutting people up on their own for weeks and weeks isn't good for anyone. At least in the UK single people can form a 'bubble' with one other person. As it is the only human contact afforded to them here is that they may walk with one other person for exercise outside.

Dee
I would happily trade a little of my mental health for my mother to be still be alive.

Ian
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Very sorry, to hear that Ian. An awful occurrence which must be happening to so many families. Loss and grief. I lost a friend of mine who died on Christmas morning. My parents died some tine ago. All very sad.

Dee
Vlad-P

Post by Vlad-P »

Russian government is doing a good job with COVID, Sputnik V is being given to the people. I do not understand the Russian comments from people not in Russia.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Happy in Cyprus, why do you dismiss the so called conspiracy theories but will believe the theories of AstraZeneca and Sputnik V producers?
Many of which are not tried and tested as yet and certainly the long term effects.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

I think you’ll find that conspiracy theorists are not scientists with expertise in vaccine development, whereas.........
Natural selection springs to mind.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Bindi but the scientists (so called) are not independent from the producers of the vaccines and the vaccine companies are making alot of money from it so they would say its safe wouldn't they?
jeba

Post by jeba »

boycott wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:04 am Bindi but the scientists (so called) are not independent from the producers of the vaccines and the vaccine companies are making alot of money from it so they would say its safe wouldn't they?
With that kind of belief you couldn´t use any vaccine and smallpox would still be around.
boycott

Post by boycott »

jeba wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:50 am
boycott wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:04 am Bindi but the scientists (so called) are not independent from the producers of the vaccines and the vaccine companies are making alot of money from it so they would say its safe wouldn't they?
With that kind of belief you couldn´t use any vaccine and smallpox would still be around.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55734257
Selected parts from the article
Pfizer hopes two doses of the vaccine will give up to 95% protection. (Thats OK then as Pfizer HOPES it will give 95% protection)

So there was understandable concern when the man coordinating Israel's Covid response reportedly suggested a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine might not be as effective as reported. (That is not what the scientists and vaccine producers are saying).

Next you will be believing what politicians are saying.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Boycott. There are warnings to ignore peddlers of anti vaccine theories which is what you are doing..
I for one intend to be vaccinated against Covid 19, as I see the vaccine as the best way out of this pandemic.If they give potentially good immunity from getting this nasty virus which is life threatening,

Dee
boycott

Post by boycott »

Dee, the Boeing 37 Max was deemed to be a safe plane to fly, however they were two crashes and a fault was found and the planes grounded and took Boeing 15 months to fix and also lied to the enquiry about it.

Boeing 737 MAX groundings - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_MAX_groundings

Did you trust Boeing before the crashes so why should you trust Boeing airplanes now?

Volkswagon car producers also got caught out on emissions tests (accept not life threatening like Boeing) but shows that multi national companies only look after themselves and tough on anyone else.

Volkswagen emissions scandal - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswage ... ns_scandal

My concern is that the vaccine has not been tested over a proper period of time to find what if any side effects it has.
I am also concerned about the amount of conflicting advice different countries are coming out with.

IF the vaccine is so safe why are so many people refusing to take it (particularly Russians I believe).
Can so many people be wrong?

As yet I am undecided whether I shall take the vaccine when it is my turn.
jeba

Post by jeba »

boycott wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:35 pm IF the vaccine is so safe why are so many people refusing to take it (particularly Russians I believe).
Because they don´t trust their government?
boycott wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:35 pm Can so many people be wrong?
You mean the millions who already received it and are still alive and well? Adverse effects of vaccinations usually present themselves shortly after the jab (minutes to weeks). There is no reason to think this will be different.
jeba

Post by jeba »

boycott wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:14 pm Pfizer hopes two doses of the vaccine will give up to 95% protection. (Thats OK then as Pfizer HOPES it will give 95% protection)
What do you expect? The phase 2 testing wasn´t done with a representative group of people so they can´t say for sure whether the general population will respond the same (which it probably won´t). You can´t hold that against them. You have to weigh the vaccine related risk to the risk of not being vaccinated though.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Jeba so you trust governments?