How is Cyprus Doing With the Vaccine Roll Out ?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jimgward

Re: How is Cyprus Doing With the Vaccine Roll Out ?

Post by Jimgward »

boycott wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:00 pm Jeba so you trust governments?
At least the eu has bought the vaccines, with come-back, should things go wormg!

The UK has no comeback - all slipped through in September, so no compensation if you grow an extra bottom
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Also,the UK aren't following the manufacturers instructions regarding the timing of the 2nd shot given to patients taking the vaccine.

Dee
jeba

Post by jeba »

boycott wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:00 pm Jeba so you trust governments?
Basically yes, I do. That doesn´t mean I deem it competent though or that I agree with it´s positions. However, what does that have to do with Pfizer´s / Biontech´s statement?
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

The Republic of Cyprus has vaccinated 1.2% of the population according to latest figures , slightly behind the larger EU countries and well behind the other smaller E.U. Members . Israel is still well ahead of the worldwide field at 38% .
More bad news for we EU citizens . Stella Kyriakides the Greek Cypriot incumbent in the post of E.U. health Commissioner tweeted yesterday that E.U. Leaders and her own Department had expressed displeasure that AstraZenica had informed them that they were no longer able to deliver the full order of 100 million jabs in the first tranche .
Officials are saying it will probably be about 40 million . This is because they like Pfizer are upgrading their facilities to be able to increase production later in the year . Supplies to the U.K. will they say not be affected .
It’s probably a bit rich that the Commission and the E.U. Leaders should express displeasure on not receiving a drug they have yet to approve ! But heigh ho !
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Having just lost a close friend to this virus in December, and knowing what my friend suffered during the last ten days of her life, to me it's no contest.

I have been offered my first injection, which I intend to have Friday next. If I have adverse side effects, I'll let you know, and which vaccine it was.

Of course I now live in the UK, but this is just to keep you informed of any side effects.

Stay safe.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Shortages with obtaining vaccines is very unfortunate, but we have to live with it.The current lockdown is starting to help reduce the number of new cases. What is important now is the number of cases which are clogging up the hospitals and particularly the ICU's.These are taking longer to respond as Covid cases tend to need to be hospitalised for much longer than say the usual winter flu ones. It seems likely that we will have to put up with the current strict measures until the situation improves here.
But hopefully Govt will gradually introduce new measures to gradually open up more shops as a first step (as they did after the first lockdown.)
Unfortunately while out taking No6 exercise with one other person, we couldn't help noticing that very few people we saw were wearing masks and many weren't walking with one other person, but in groups of about 5 people. Unfortunately, they weren't social distancing..
Dee