Medical records

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Medical records

Post by Mrblobby »

When Gesy started did they say our medical records kept in folders would be transferred to the computer system ?

Has it happened for anyone ?

Certainly not mine ?
The Aquila

Re: Medical records

Post by The Aquila »

Nor mine
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

This is a reply someone got on another forum in May 2019

“ We would like to inform you that this information will remain in the archive of the specific hospital and cannot be transferred to another medical clinic or doctor at the moment. Please note that in the near future all these medical folders will be computerized and logged in GHS system in order to update each beneficiary medical record.

Thank you for contacting us, we remain at your disposal.

GHS Contact Centre “

However, I don't see this happening which is why it is important to check your Personal Doctor has all the relevant details in your Beneficial Record. Our PD has entered previous operations, allergies and major events going back to our childhoods.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Are we permitted to collect the old records from the relevant hospital / clinic ?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

The Aquila wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:04 am Are we permitted to collect the old records from the relevant hospital / clinic ?
We have all our paper records from Paphos General Hospital - in fact years ago patients were advised to keep them.
Prior to GESY we sometimes used private hospitals so we also have their records of diagnoses and tests.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I too thought that we were supposed to have kept them, and did for a while, but on one trip we were told they had to stay in the hospital and that was the last we saw of them.