Account of having the Covid vaccination at Paphos Hospital

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Uncle D

Re: Account of having the Covid vaccination at Paphos Hospital

Post by Uncle D »

It's not an opinion it' is as you say a choice but the virus will carry on spreading with people like you.
The vaccine doesn't cure it helps stop people from being seriously ill or dying, so after having the vaccine people will still catch it and suffer from it in varying degrees depending on how vulnerable their immune system is. So feel free to do what you want and keep on spreading.and accept that you will become a social leper.
David
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

If your decision is based on personal health reasons I opologise, but if that's the case it could have saved all this if it was mentioned in the first place
David
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

We are not talking about Brexit or what party some one has voted for we are talking about life and death.
As far as becoming a social leper is concerned this may well happen to people like yourselves. Qantas airlines have said that once the vaccines are being rolled out they are not allowing people to fly unless they have had the vaccine, New Zealand have said they will not allow anyone in their country unless they have had it, these are the first to announce this decision and it may well be that many more will follow suit
I will have to wear a mask and/or avoid places like the supermarkets for a long time if there are people around who have refused the vaccine.
We know someone who is more worried about the possible side effects, but how can that be worse than becoming ill through getting the virus itself?
David
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Sadie, I sympathise with you and I think that there are genuine people like you, who have valid reasons for not taking or waiting to see, before taking the vaccine. The deaths in Norway appear to be down to very frail people being given the vaccine. The same result of a flu vaccine bing given to someone frail, could have happened. There is now a review by GPs as to whether some people should not take the vaccine at all, or at present.

As of now, we don't know enough about any reactions to the individual vaccines. I haven't heard of any reactions in the UK, other than two health workers who were allergic to almost anything, plus people getting bad arm pain for a week.

My sister-in-law has MS and therefore a compromised immune system. She may decide not to take the vaccine until more is known.

I am against vocal anti-vaxxers, who try to convince people not to take it and you aren't in that category at all.
In Scotland, one group has been emailing care homes and trying to convince them not to take it. That's despicable.

The debate in the UK at present is whether it is acceptable for businesses to insist on people taking the vaccine (unless medically exempt - such as trying for a baby) Insurance companies look like insisting care home staff are vaccinated, or they won't insure the home. People who deal with the public are under pressure to agree to be vaccinated.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are a group of people who shouldn't/can't take the vaccine. There's also a large cultural problem with certain communities, The BAME community report that up to 72% will not take the vaccine.(despite being twice as likely to catch it and twice as likely to end up in hospital)

Vaccinating the community is to achieve herd immunity as well. That is reckoned to be a minimum if 60%. However, with open borders, ALL countries need to have that immunity as well to wipe out the vaccine, so we are in for a long few years.

A Scottish company has created a single dose vaccine that should finish tests and be approved by the summer at a cost of less than £7. That would be great for poorer countries for many reasons.

I think there is a strong light at the end of this tunnel, but the track is still poor and we have to speed up and slow down on our journey. We can't lose sight of the light and need to help each other on the journey.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Actually, I have just been looking back at your posts Sadie62 seems you were having arguments about Covid, lockdown and mobile phone messaging etc with several people all the way back to April 2020, I wasn't involved in those debates, so if your saying I am a trouble maker then I can say that you are also.
David
jeba

Post by jeba »

sadie62 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:08 am 'We know someone who is more worried about the possible side effects, but how can that be worse than becoming ill through getting the virus itself?'
Good point.
Among pharmacologists there is a saying: If you don´t like the cure try the disease.
sadie62 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:08 am As PhotoLady pointed out 'It was an issue for the 33 people who died in Norway after having the vaccine'....Their side effects was 'death'
No. It was 23 people, not 33 and some of them were already receiving palliative treatment.

I like your decision because it means I´ll receive my shot a tiny little bit earlier. Hopefully.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

From Bloomberg.com News "In Norway, 33 people aged 75 and over died following immunization, according to the agency’s latest figures. All were already seriously ill, it said."
Trev..
El tel

Post by El tel »

What I find strange about the recording of COVID deaths is that if for example you die from being hit by a bus but you are still within the 28 days of being diagnosed with the virus then your death is recorded as a being from COVID . I have heard of creative accounting but this strikes me as civil service bureaucracy.

Terry
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

sadie62 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:32 pm And it does raise the question that should we be immunising these vulnerable people in the first place. With low immune systems already, this could have been the final straw for them.
And this is exactly why Norway are making future consideration about who they may be giving the vaccine to.... basically, anyone with a chronic illness.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
jeba

Post by jeba »

sadie62 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:32 pm With low immune systems already, this could have been the final straw for them.
What makes you think like that? It seems more likely that they died of side effects that were to be expected and which are completely normal for any vaccination. Like e. g. that even a slight increase of body temperature could already have been too much for their circulatory systems because it was already on the edge.
In Norway, 23 people have died shortly after the first COVID 19 vaccine dose. Most of these were elderly people with severe underlying diseases. In future, doctors in Norway are to assess individually for these patients whether the benefits of the vaccination outweigh the risks of side effects.

In a statement by the responsible authority of the Scandinavian country, it says that 13 of the 23 deceased have been examined so far. The results indicate that common side effects of the vaccination could have led to serious reactions in the mostly seriously ill, elderly persons.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
source: https://www.aerzteblatt.de/nachrichten/ ... a4b07a6229