Ambulance Service Price Hike

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Flyer

Ambulance Service Price Hike

Post by Flyer »

Just had email from the private subscription based ambulance service (St Georges and Blue Cross) detailing a price increase from renewals after February 2021.

Going to charge extra 40 euro a quarter to continue to pay quarterly (160 euro per year) but no increase if you pay annually.

Seems a bit of a hike to me, I wonder how many members they will lose.
trevnhil

Re: Ambulance Service Price Hike

Post by trevnhil »

I wasn't aware of this as we pay yearly and the renewal is due very soon. It is quite a big hike for those paying quarterly.. I also see that John Thompson has now fully retired and is no longer part of the organisation .. Enjoy some rest John..
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

No idea what the yearly premium is for this insurance...but as previously mentioned by me , a one off Private Ambulance to a hospital was only €250... Fully equipped with English speaking Paramedics who found us very quickly in our hour of need...
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

When you say a 'Private Ambulance' which company was this..
Our fear has always been that it is difficult to find us, we have no street name at all..
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:20 pm When you say a 'Private Ambulance' which company was this..
Our fear has always been that it is difficult to find us, we have no street name at all..
I think this has been mentioned before by yourself Trev, name it yourself and put a sign at the end of your road, they use GPS to locate houses/roads anyway.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
daveg

Post by daveg »

I used the Evangelismos Ambulance....
Re GPS , always have my co ordinates for our Villa stuck on a cupboard in the kitchen, ready to relay to the Ambulance ....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for the reply daveg. I don't know the current situation but a week or two back it was reported that the Evangelismos A&E was closed..
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

So maybe The Blue Cross?....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Again I may be wrong but I don't think they have an A&E.. But you would still get a speedy ambulance to the General probably.
Or... The Evangelismos own A&E may be back working now..
Trev..