Corona SMS / Form Generator Now Updated

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Corona SMS / Form Generator Now Updated

Post by Dominic »

https://www.paphoslife.com/coronaform

This uses the latest version of the form.

Slightly odd is that Option 6 specifies you must be close to your house for exercise, yet the FAQ states you can use a beach.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Chaddy

Re: Corona SMS / Form Generator Now Updated

Post by Chaddy »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:15 pm https://www.paphoslife.com/coronaform

This uses the latest version of the form.

Slightly odd is that Option 6 specifies you must be close to your house for exercise, yet the FAQ states you can use a beach.
Oh dear,the wife and i drive from Tremithousa to Stoumbi then walk our usual 7/8 or 9 kilometres.So excercise or not is that now a no no :(
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There will always be things that don't fit a box, or that we disagree with. I have recently started using Dogs R Us field at Polemi to exercise our dog.. But now I cannot go there as it is a couple of kilometres drive..
Can I go and collect a takeaway meal ?? The places are allowed to sell takeaways but that does not seem to be covered. And what distance can you go..
Trev..
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

As long as the police use common sense. Ridiculous that I am allowed to exercise on the beach and yet the form says I have to exercise near our home. I think I'll carry my swimming things in my rucksack on my bike and, if stopped, say that I am going swimming. Trev, I am sure will be OK taking your dog to a venue to exercise. According to the Cyprus Mail, "6: Physical exercise or individual training provided access is allowed at the venue,"
https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/09/coro ... 8-message/

No 2 now includes takeaways, so you will be OK. "2: Shopping for supplies/services, including take away,"
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Lloyd, get yourself an electric bike. Brilliant for exercising and you do not need to put any pressure on your knees. I have really enjoyed my bike rides down to Mandria and along the B6 to Kouklia and Aphroditie's Rock.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Most of the time I ride without any power, especially on the bike I have in the UK. Even with the power on, it is only assisting you and you still have to pedal. I use a minimum amount of power when riding against the wind or on a gentle slope and the maximum amount of power on steep slopes. My bike copes well with the slope up to Kouklia village from the B6 and the steep slope from Timi village to Anarita, over the motorway. Both of these I had to walk up on my traditional mountain bike which has 21 gears. I have also ridden from the B6, on to the F616 and F617 to Choletria and then left to Old Choletria, down to the river at Nata and back to Anarita, which involved a long climb without any problems. It is a really good form of exercise, especially for circulation in the legs.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:24 pm There will always be things that don't fit a box, or that we disagree with. I have recently started using Dogs R Us field at Polemi to exercise our dog.. But now I cannot go there as it is a couple of kilometres drive..
Can I go and collect a takeaway meal ?? The places are allowed to sell takeaways but that does not seem to be covered. And what distance can you go..
Posted on FB:
''WALKING YOUR DOG
According to the guy at MOH on the phone on that 1474 number, I can take my dog for a long walk by texting the exercise number and taking her with me as long as I don’t go with more than one other person and abide by the time limit...so that works for me...
If I don’t want to use a text..I have to stay within 500 m of my home..''

TAKEAWAY - collection of a take away is listed on the new official Form B......... Number 2

I declare that my transfer to …………………...… (statement of exact time) is related to the following reason:
(note √ in the corresponding box below)

□ 1. Going to a pharmacy or for a blood donation or a visit to a doctor, or for a laboratory test for
Covid-19 or vaccination at vaccination centres.

□ 2. Going to a store to buy essential goods / services, including take away

□ 3. Go to bank, to the extent that electronic transaction is not possible

□ 4. Absolutely necessary visits to government agencies or services of the wider public sector and local
government

□ 5. Trafficking for assistance to persons who are unable to self-serve or who have to protect themselves or are in self-restraint and / or in places of compulsory confinement (quarantine)

□ 6. Movement for physical exercise or individual sport, if limited to places where access is allowed

□ 7. Going to a ceremony (eg funeral, wedding, baptism) by first and second degree relatives not
exceeding 10 persons or for individual prayer

□ 8. Declaration for any other purpose of movement may be justified on the basis of anti-traffic
measures
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for that information galexinda. The play place I was going with my dog has had to close :-)
Trev..
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

It appears if you go fishing or shooting the lock down does not apply , so grab yourself a fishing rod and shotgun then you can fish all day and kill
things all night .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I did wonder how the hunters would manage with all the restrictions.. What a disgrace :-(
Trev..