Disappearing posts

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Disappearing posts

Post by Kili01 »

Hi,
Something strange is happening to some of my posts. Several times I have posted something factual on different threads, checked to see that they had appeared on the thread in question. They had. Yet a few hours later when I looked at the forum again, its to find that they have disappeared! Is there any reason for this as I am mystified?
Jim used to censor some posts but he seldom censored mine.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Disappearing posts

Post by Dominic »

No posts have been deleted. I can assure you of that. Can you give me some rough posting times and threads posted on, and I can check the admin logs.

This is a RC version of the newest phpBB software, so I guess there could be bugs. But dropped posts would happen to more users, I would have thought.

Has anybody else had a problem with vanishing posts?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I checked the database itself. User 250 (that's you!) has made 27 posts, none of which have been deleted, so they must be here somewhere!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:43 pm Has anybody else had a problem with vanishing posts?
Nope.
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

cyprusgrump wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:08 pm
Dominic wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:43 pm Has anybody else had a problem with vanishing posts?
Nope.
Not on this forum..
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Jersey wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:12 pm
cyprusgrump wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:08 pm
Nope.
Not on this forum..
:P
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Hi Jersey

I remember now - You lost quite a few over time as i recall - Then mysteriously you also vanished - Still it was good while it lasted - must have stepped in a black hole - or something like that - It was only when Keving pointed out your return that i remembered the happy days we used to have - Great fun.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Kili01 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:26 pm Hi,
Something strange is happening to some of my posts. Several times I have posted something factual on different threads, checked to see that they had appeared on the thread in question. They had. Yet a few hours later when I looked at the forum again, its to find that they have disappeared! Is there any reason for this as I am mystified?
Jim used to censor some posts but he seldom censored mine.

Dee
Have you checked your User Control Panel, in Overview you can click on the "Show your posts" link to make sure all your posts are there?

Shane
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

71 Trans Am wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:38 pm Hi Jersey

I remember now - You lost quite a few over time as i recall - Then mysteriously you also vanished - Still it was good while it lasted - must have stepped in a black hole - or something like that - It was only when Keving pointed out your return that i remembered the happy days we used to have - Great fun.
Thank you ..no I got taken down with a virus that many got ,,it was called having an opinion ,,,,,,,but it seems to have got a cure now.. :D
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Well Jersey you can't go around having an opinion in a general discussion area - Just isn't cricket - Hope your cure lasts - Used to enjoy following your discussions - Much better than watching soaps - I reckon your pal will be on here under an alias - I have already tried to figure it out but so far no joy - what do you think ?
keving

Post by keving »

71 Trans Am wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:28 pm Well Jersey you can't go around having an opinion in a general discussion area - Just isn't cricket - Hope your cure lasts - Used to enjoy following your discussions - Much better than watching soaps - I reckon your pal will be on here under an alias - I have already tried to figure it out but so far no joy - what do you think ?
I'm thinking already! Who is 71 Trans Am? :-)

PS I'm a fan of the 69 Chevy, with 396
Fuelie heads ..