Amazon UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Anarita John

Re: Amazon UK

Post by Anarita John »

We got our Natures Best order in before January 1st. Natures Best have Turmeric but I do not know if they are still delivering to the EU.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

You can buy Turmeric here but at a considerable cost
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Tumeric powder isn't expensive and readily available, it's not a very strong flavour so could be put in any sauce based food that you may have, even mix it into a tin of baked beans and have with your full English or soup, or anything
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Lloyd, try the Natures Best website. Our order, pre Jan 1st was delivered by our postman, via parcelforce worldwide. You order in GB pounds and when you put in your address it changes to euros. Rosemary takes the turmeric, and, unlike the turmeric, bought locally, does not repeat on her.
https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/
boycott

Post by boycott »

Have a look at healthspan.co.uk

Have a 50% sale at present using code XLP-JJA
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

For information www.simplysupplements.co.uk in the UK are taking orders (in sterling) but the items are being shipped from their warehouse in Spain, an EU member.
kansas

Post by kansas »

We also buy from Healthspan. They are based in the Chanel Isles. They now ship via a warehouse in Holland after being made aware that Cyprus (and possibly other EU countries) were charging duty. £3.50 per delivery, whatever size.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I've had several orders cancelled through delivery problems though the wife received a package yesterday from Amazon UK delivered to the door with no additional charges.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have just made a small order of CR 2025 coin size batteries from Amazon UK. 12 Batteries for 5-20 and no delivery charge..
I tried the German Amazon site and they would not deliver to Cyprus
Last edited by trevnhil on Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:34 pm
Jim B wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:15 pmI've had several orders cancelled through delivery problems though the wife received a package yesterday from Amazon UK delivered to the door with no additional charges.

Don't know when you ordered JIm, but Cyprus Customs agreed that all orders in transit before 31st Dec would not be subject to inspection and VAT.
Hi Lloyd

Three parcels were returned to sender in November from their respective Postal Services saying that due to the present circumstances they were unable to send them. I was given a full refund. The parcels were ordered through Amazon.

Jim
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Waited 2 months for a delivery from amazon..arrived this week but was to late for my needs. Followed the instructions from Amazon to return the goods , which included attaching the invoice to the package. Was then told by the Post Office that Any package needs an online shipment request for non E.U. Countries. The original goods cost about £16...cost to return it £6...I don’t know if that is refunded..but will not use Amazon in the future. Shame the Brexit supporters did not understand the question....
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

I collected a parcel (from Germany) from the main PO this morning and asked about goods purchased and sent from the UK. I was advised that no import duty or VAT would be charged on goods valued under €17, anything above will be subject to charges.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Reesy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:23 pm Waited 2 months for a delivery from amazon..arrived this week but was to late for my needs. Followed the instructions from Amazon to return the goods , which included attaching the invoice to the package. Was then told by the Post Office that Any package needs an online shipment request for non E.U. Countries. The original goods cost about £16...cost to return it £6...I don’t know if that is refunded..but will not use Amazon in the future. Shame the Brexit supporters did not understand the question....
I think we did understand the question Reesy, in fact the question was far more important than how much a parcel from Amazon was going to cost us in the future. for us, our Grandchildren and future generations.
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

It is far more reaching than “ a small parcel “ . It will effect many areas..We have already seen the pound collapse against the euro..all goods coming from the U.K. will be subject to import duty and V.A.T...Already MasterCard have announced an increase in card charges of up to 5 times..A recent example is...A coat ordered at a price of £200..On arrival the customer was asked for a additional £87 by the courier. We are only into the first few weeks of Brexit..So hold on to your hats. CYWALL I hope this gives you some answers in response to your flippant comment..Any chance of borrowing your rose tinted glasses?
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Reesy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 am We have already seen the pound collapse against the euro.
The average GBP / Euro rate since 2008 is 1.18 , today it’s a shade over 1.12 admittedly it’s dipped as all currencies do periodically but it’s hardly a collapse.
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

You are going back a long way to make your point..13 years..2008..I am looking at around 4/5 years ago when the exchange rate was about €1.40 to the pound..now €1.12.. which is a fall of 20%..In financial terms..that is a collapse! Imagine if the stock markets suffered the same fate..
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Thank you Lloyd...A breath of sanity. I put the Brexiteers into 2 groups..1) Now based on what they have seen , would change the way they voted. 2) The group who voted to protect our children and future generations from disaster..and will never change their minds.
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Lloyd..I know that’s what you said..I think we are on the same side!
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:54 am If you read what I posted, that's what I said, the pound collapsed after the vote in 2016.
Ok, let’s take 2016 as the average then.... :roll: :lol:
jeba

Post by jeba »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:19 am Sadly, as time goes on this will increasingly happen.
Stop remorsemongering 8-)