Amazon UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Uncle D

Re: Amazon UK

Post by Uncle D »

RSS logistics are now operating a similar service from Spain now.
Buy from Amazon es
David
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I ordered a new SIM from Vodafone UK last week, for delivery to the UK. It ships from Amsterdam, as it’s a special SIM for a security camera.

Normal delivery is 24 - 48 hours, even from Holland.

I have been told by UPS, that it will come next Monday. 10 days after the order. It’s a tiny package, the size of a letter.
Some may well be down to Covid flight restrictions and also lops of lorries from Holland, but it’s becoming so difficult.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I’ve recently ordered a couple of parcels, one from Amazon UK and the other from Amazon DE....both available from stock and both despatched within 2 days of me placing the order. I have already collected the UK parcel from the Amazon lockers at the PO with nothing to pay yet I am still awaiting the DE parcel.......
kansas

Post by kansas »

Dee, we've just placed our 6 month order with Healthspan. I'll let you know how it goes. Although based in the Channel Isles, they dispatch their goods from the Netherlands.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

A comment on FB earlier today which may help:
Martin Wood, Ask Anything Paphos
''Import duties etc: I wrote to the Cyprus Customs & Excise asking for clarification of duties following Brexit and here is there very useful and informative reply. This has not been edited and if anyone wants a copy, just pm me. Hope it helps:
Dear Mr Wood,
Online purchases are subject to the general duty rate applicable to any third country in accordance with the Common External Tariff of the European Union.
The duty rate for each product depends on their tariff classification.
The classification of goods depends on their nature and other various elements, such as their constituent material, intended use etc.
Therefore, we cannot provide you with precise information on the duty rates.
In order to assist you, you are informed that, for example:
• clothes are subject to 12% import duty rate,
• the duty rate on footwear varies from 8% to 17% depending on the type and constituent material of the shoes
The import duty is calculated on the customs value which includes the cost of purchase plus the cost of transport and insurance (CIF value).
Additionally, on importation products are liable to Value Added Tax (VAT) at the rate of 5% or 19% depending on the product.
VAT is calculated on the customs value increased by any amount of import duty paid.
Information on import duties, depending on the type of product and the country of origin as well as the measures applicable to all goods can be found in the Integrated Cyprus Tariff System at:
http://tariff-prod.customs.mof.gov.cy/arctictariff.../... (I couldn't get this link to work - another link at the end)
To see the import duty as well as all the measures that apply to the import of the specific item, select "Measures" - "For nomenclature", then enter the TARIC code in the field "Commodity code", fill in the country of origin and select "Search ».
In case you do not know the TARIC code, select the binoculars next to the "Commodity Code" field, the table of contents by product category is displayed.
By selecting, each time the code, the description of which corresponds to the specific product, you end up with the final ten-digit TARIC code.
E.g., for clothing you can search under chapter code 62, for footwear you can search under chapter code 64''.
Furthermore, you are informed that shipments of goods from third countries:
• whose value does not exceed € 17 per shipment, are not charged with import duty and VAT rate.
• whose value exceeds € 17 but does not exceed € 150 per shipment are not charged with import duty but are charged with VAT rate.
We remain at your disposal for any further information or clarification.
Kind regards,
BREXIT TEAM
DEPARTMENT OF CUSTOMS & EXCISE
TARIFF-PROD.CUSTOMS.MOF.GOV.CY
Arctic-TARIFF

http://tariff-prod.customs.mof.gov.cy/a ... mcc/search
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Galexinda, I did as you suggested. Found the correct code for the product (a bathroom basin), indicated an import from the UK, added the customs value and the weight. You have to choose a 'preference code' from a drop-down menu. There is only 1 choice: 100. If you do not choose it, the system will not proceed, so I chose it and clicked next. Message that came up: No Measures Found.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:08 am
We'll probably also now see a reluctance on the part of some UK retailers to ship to customers in Europe.
The company where our website is hosted has its own forum. Their users are based all over the world but almost all of the UK based site owners have already said they've stopped shipping to Europe.

There have also been a number of issues with packages going to the Netherlands as it seems the country has changed their tracking system and it no longer recognises the UK tracking codes.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I'm sorry, I don't understand. The best potato chips in the world are made in Belgium which is, for the moment, still in the European Union. Would it not be much easier and cheaper to buy them there – if you want a translation, use pommes frites.

Don't you get tired of eating potato chips, potato chips, potato chips, potato chips ad absurdem?
darrow

Post by darrow »

kansas wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:23 pm Dee, we've just placed our 6 month order with Healthspan. I'll let you know how it goes. Although based in the Channel Isles, they dispatch their goods from the Netherlands.
i am also waiting for my healthspan order. As I understand it, the €17 is per item, not per parcel, so it SHOULD be duty free. But, who knows?
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Lloyd, being that the UK manufacturers very little these days, I’d be interested in hearing what you are importing from the UK and whether it’s available in any other EU country?
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Then I am confused Lloyd as to why you having to pay import duty? Anything manufactured in the UK can be exported to the EU tariff free as before, all that is needed is a simple form completed. As you are aware, super officious customs official take things to the extreme and it seem that many countries, UK included, do not have enough officials to carry out the check efficiently and deliveries are getting backed up.

No 2 on the list of “what good has become of Brexit”. It’s creating more jobs throughout the UK and EU (well it would if they actually employed more customs officials) :lol:
BOB Peyia

Post by BOB Peyia »

Just my thought,

whichever Cypriot company does the importing of goods for the likes of papantono or alphamega is not have the same issues as HIC.

After 31 Dec. DHL suspended all services until 8th Jan. thereafter it’s been the normal 2-3 days to receive packages in Cyprus under 25kg.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

My wife is waiting for three parcels that were ordered in December, a fourth did actually arrive last week. My daughter is also waiting on Christmas presents and birthday presents that were sent by her friend in November.
Whose to say Paps or Alpha Mega aren't having problems, they have massive warehouses were they hold stock, Paps has theirs in Koloni.

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

BOB Peyia wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:52 am Just my thought,

whichever Cypriot company does the importing of goods for the likes of papantono or alphamega is not have the same issues as HIC.

After 31 Dec. DHL suspended all services until 8th Jan. thereafter it’s been the normal 2-3 days to receive packages in Cyprus under 25kg.
I doubt if these supermarkets import anything themselves, their stores are filled up by agents and distributors working on behalf of all the major food companys etc.
BOB Peyia

Post by BOB Peyia »

WHL wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:25 am

I doubt if these supermarkets import anything themselves, their stores are filled up by agents and distributors working on behalf of all the major food companys etc.
My point was that the big Cypriot companies are not encountering the same problems with imports from the UK and vice versa.
WHL

Post by WHL »

BOB Peyia wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:12 am
WHL wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:25 am

My point was that the big Cypriot companies are not encountering the same problems with imports from the UK and vice versa.
Im sure the agents and the distributors are having the same problems as HIC,
anyone/ company who imports exports goods from or to the UK will have VAT and duties to consider now, which they never had before Brexit.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Cyprus Business to UK Business should not have VAT on the products and if manufactured in the UK then no import duties either. But as Lloyds says, VAT is paid locally but reclaimed. As the majority of businesses will be charging the vat to end users then this shouldn’t impact too badly on cash flow unless it’s to be held in stock for a period of time.

It gets complicated when a UK company buys a finished product from the EU but then re-exports to another EU company as there is then duty to be paid. If something is purchased in the UK and imported to the UK from the EU as “raw material” and then the manufacturing process is completed in the UK prior to selling and exporting to the EU then there is no duty.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:42 am I would suggest our import agent who has assisted clients import goods for the past 25 years knows a little more than some 'experts' on here.
In my job I have to deal with this almost daily, but whilst I am by no means an expert I have found a little work around with the process that makes a little easier. But being as your “expert” has been doing this for 25 years (this has only been an issues for 5 weeks) I will let you struggle on!

“When you talk, you only repeat what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.
The Dali Lama.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Some people are very knowledgeable on a lot of things
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

merchant_banker wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:53 am Some people are very knowledgeable on a lot of things
And some aren't.

LHUKCY have posted on their website that 19% VAT is to be charged on parcels from the UK.

Jim