Well it's all kicking off in Washington.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Well it's all kicking off in Washington.

Post by Dominic »

Iraqi forces are being sent in to help keep the peace. Possibly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/election-us-2020-55558355
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Re: Well it's all kicking off in Washington.

Post by WHL »

The land of the free and the red neck, God Bless America :shock: personally I blame the Kadashians :D
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

News off the BBC??I get my news about the states from my daughter who LIVES there and its usually,,,well,,,a little different :?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Go on then what is it she has heard that's different to the UK news?
David
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Uncle D wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:01 am Go on then what is it she has heard that's different to the UK news?
Not heard off my daughter yet as it is breaking news.No doubt coming from the UK media,Trump supporters will be a,,,,MOB,,,,the left or Biden supporters will be ACTIVISTS. :roll:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sorry, but if they storm the Capitol Building, they are a mob.

I find it amazing that only 4 people have died, considering the USA police departments' record for shooting people. I can't help wondering how many more would have been shot if the protestors had been black.

All this blood is on Trump's hands. He deserves to go to jail for the rest of his life, and should certainly be booted out of his office now.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:38 am
Uncle D wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:01 am Go on then what is it she has heard that's different to the UK news?
Not heard off my daughter yet as it is breaking news.No doubt coming from the UK media,Trump supporters will be a,,,,MOB,,,,the left or Biden supporters will be ACTIVISTS. :roll:
If it talks like a Mob, acts like a Mob, it is a MOB, :roll:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gress.html
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

They are a MOB.. The video footage and the photographs don't lie no matter who publishes them..
I hope you are not going to claim it was an orderly protest :-(
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Chaddy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:39 am News off the BBC??I get my news about the states from my daughter who LIVES there and its usually,,,well,,,a little different :?
I am surprised that you still watch the BBC news seeing as your always slagging it off, or do you do it as some kind of research compering it to American news, or your daughters view?
Either way it's a sad pastime.
Last edited by Uncle D on Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I'm truly horrified at what is going on in America. We seem to live in an age where people cannot accept democracy unless it fits their ideals. Terrible times.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Over the years of my,,,well....long life i have spent many years in the states,and please believe me i have watched both the BBC news and the local news whilst there.How they both report a political important event is so so different.Sometimes my daughter and son in law ( who is American ) and i literally laugh so much after watching both sets of news reporting on the same subject.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Must admit I agree with the difference in reporting in general. I was amazed at some of the reporting during the Cyprus banking crash which was not exactly an accurate picture of what was happening here. I am also often disappointed at the lack of reporting by the BBC on some world issues that are completely ignored but should be of importance to the British public.

Have said that - a mob is a mob and I believe Trump should be removed from public society!

Jeanne
Last edited by Lofos-Jan on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:58 am

They are a MOB.. The video footage and the photographs don't lie no matter who publishes them..
I hope you are not going to claim it was an orderly protest :-(
Yes Trev i totally agree a mob is a mob.What i was simply saying is that if it had been the left or maybe Bidens side the UK media would likely have been described them as supporters or activists.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Chaddy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:39 am News off the BBC??I get my news about the states from my daughter who LIVES there and its usually,,,well,,,a little different :?
You didn't answer my question, what is the difference?
David
J B

Post by J B »

Well, old Trumpty Dumpty is certainly living up to his promise of "making america grate again"
J B
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Uncle D wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:28 am
You obviously cant answer it :lol:
David
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Uncle D wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:39 pm
Uncle D wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:28 am
You obviously cant answer it :lol:
Ok David,i,ll be speaking to my daughter in the states soon,,watch this space :)
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

So why do you rely on what your daughter says, does she get her news through special channels, is she an expert on US politics or just a Trump supporter?
I can watch CNN, Fox and other US channels they are all saying pretty much the same, one US Republican reporter stated that they are not true republicans they are Trump supporters, Trump who kept adding fuel to the fire to detract the news from his little chat with the Governor of Georgia.
The reporter stated that he is a narcissistic child.
David
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We were watching it live as it was happening - on UK TV and also video feeds coming in directly from USA.
Baying mobs of thugs, incited by a video posted by Trump himself.

Lots of screenscraping was done last night to capture the crowd, their faces and what was happening as no doubt, many social media accounts will be selectively edited to remove the damaging footage.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

On behalf of the rest of the forum, I am sure we cannot wait.