Lockdown

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Lockdown

Post by Mrblobby »

The wife just had a message from her hairdresser saying they have to go into lockdown from Sunday for 3 weeks .

She has not had chance to speak to the hairdresser yet .
galexinda

Re: Lockdown

Post by galexinda »

The Cabinet will convene on Friday instead of Thursday to decide on new measures to contain the spread of COVID pandemic. Government Spokesman Kyriakos Koushos said that it was necessary reschedule the meeting, as Ministers needed more time to go through their planning and table their strategies.

https://www.paphoslife.com/news/ministe ... _on_friday
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/busines ... 0-january/

According to information of Insider, the following businesses will remain open as of Sunday 10 January and until the end of the month.

In addition to supermarkets, confectioneries, bakeries, kiosks, and pharmacies, banks will remain open with some restrictions to serve the public and restaurants will only operate for delivery.
Moreover, flower shops will also remain open, as well as garages, the country’s two airports and ports, and the construction business with some restrictions.
Hotels will also remain open but will only serve foreign customers.
The public and wider public sector will use distance working and skeleton staff.
The private sector will work with less staff with the exception of businesses which will suspend their operation temporarily.

Not official, but best be prepared, especially for items you cannot get at the above shops.
jeba

Post by jeba »

What about vets? I wanted to take a stray cat for neutering but the copcats in Larnaca said they can´t do it because of COVID-19 restrictions.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well they 'should' know best, but certainly you are allowed to go to a vets with a sick animal that needs treatment.. But of course neutering may not come under that classification..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Minxie got speyed a couple of days ago. Currently she has to be separated from her three brothers, but I allow them visitation rights. This is the first time she has slept overnight on her own, so I kipped on the sofa next to her cage to keep her company, and played her Moonlight Sonata on a 10 hour loop.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:43 am Minxie got speyed a couple of days ago. Currently she has to be separated from her three brothers, but I allow them visitation rights. This is the first time she has slept overnight on her own, so I kipped on the sofa next to her cage to keep her company, and played her Moonlight Sonata on a 10 hour loop.
You old softy you :lol:
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Ahhh, well done Dominic, you big softy. I thought your wife was allergic to cat fur?
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Ha ha ha. . . . . The truth will always out. ❤❤❤

However, no babies for Minxie . . . . . I am devastated!!

Maggie B

PS Only kidding Dominic. Of course the right thing has been done.