Vaccination portal

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Vaccination portal

Post by Mrblobby »

It looks like we will have to register on line for our vaccinations .

The Deputy Minister to the President for Research, Innovation and Digital Policy, Mr Kyriacos Kokkinos, will hold a Press conference on the presentation of the new vaccination portal for COVID-19, at the Ministry of Finance. Press questions will be answered.

Date/time of Activity: 04-01-2021 11:30

https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/event.html?id=4112
The Aquila

Re: Vaccination portal

Post by The Aquila »

That’s just to subscribe to press releases? Or have I missed something here?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Quite right, Mr Blobby. Just read all the info., Aquila.

The press conference when the Govt's new Gesy Portal will be explained is scheduled for Monday.
I hope to find out subsequently what the procedure will be for booking my appointment for a corona virus jab. At the moment they are supposed to be starting to vaccinate the over 80's group this coming week, plus public health and front line nursing staff and doctors who are working in the Covid hospitals now.
I'm in the group after this, Group 3 I think.
Dee
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

In the UK at the moment I can expect to wait until October to get my jab. They have carried out a million vaccinations to date.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The problem worldwide, is that despite the Pharmas developing vaccines in record time, the supply-chain for the vials and everything else hasn’t kept up and shortages will mean serious delays.
Also, I think that this pandemic will show that preparation in future will mean distributed manufacturing and not in just places like India.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

From Tuesday, people 80 and above will be able to register through the portal, which is available on the Gesy website.

So keep checking the news to see what age group is next .
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

More information regarding vaccination rollout here:

Essentially, mass vaccinations for COVID-19 are scheduled to start on Friday when authorities will begin vaccinating the general population starting with the over 80s, government officials said on Monday.
The vaccination rollout will start with people aged over 80, and then those over 75 years.
Each of the groups mentioned above consists of around 33,000 senior citizens.
Next to be vaccinated are people over 16 years of age who are at high-risk due to underlying health issues.

Kalakouta said Cyprus had drawn up a plan for 38 centres with one to three stations that would be able to administer some 350 jabs per day.

“From Tuesday, people aged 80 and above will be able to register through the portal, which is available on the General Health System (GHS) website.”
After registering on the portal, people will receive a confirmation via text message. Those who cannot access the portal can be registered by their GPs, family members, or friends.

Kokkinos said those who are not registered with the GHS or do not wish to do so, can fill in a form which can be found on the Ministry’s website.

People vaccinated will receive a vaccination card describing the type of vaccine received, as well as the date for their second shot.

https://www.financialmirror.com/2021/01 ... n-rollout/
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Important Vaccination Information.

REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS MINISTRY OF HEALTH
Application procedure for registration of citizens who are not registered in the software of GESS in the Vaccination Portal for COVID-19
Citizens who are not registered in the software of GESS and wish to be vaccinated in the framework of the National Vaccination Plan for COVID-19 should submit to the Ministry of Health the duly completed Citizen Registration Application Form that is not registered in GESS in the Vaccination Portal for COV 19 , which is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health and on the specially designed website of the Press and Information Office for Vaccinations for COVID-19. The form must be submitted together with a copy of the Identity Card, the Alien Registration Card or another Identification Document and a copy of the Hospital Identity Card, in case he / she holds one. The documents can be sent to the Ministry of Health, electronically to the address: covidvac@moh.gov.cy, by post to the Ministry of Health at the address Prodromou 1 and Heilonos 17, 1449, Nicosia or delivered by hand to the Department of Hospital Identities, Ministry of Health, and Heilonos 17, Nicosia.
The Ministry of Health, after conducting a relevant control, with the approval of the request, will activate the possibility of registration of the applicant in the Vaccination Portal COVID-19.
The citizen will be informed according to the decision of the Ministry of Health for the approval or not of his request, in order to proceed through the Electronic Vaccination Portal for COVID-19 to arrange an appointment for vaccination in a Vaccination Center, day and time of his choice.

Post by Lofos-Jan »

This is the link to the form you have to complete and send if you are not GESY registered.
https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/upl ... ation.docx

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

The guide to how to register if you are in Gesy .

Note only for the over 80s just yet .

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... rtalEN.pdf
Last edited by Mrblobby on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Many thanks Mr Blobby for this info.I have registered with Gesy and have used it.
But please can someone explain simply how one gets a user account with Gesy, and then how to link it to my beneficiary record?

Any useful help with this would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Dee
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Good point Dee , I know a lot of people have found it hard to set up a user account .

I think I read somewhere that if people are of the age to get the vaccine they can get their GP to arrange it .
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

It's very simple to register for an account. Go to https://www.gesy.org.cy/launchpad.html click register and add info. It will email you a code and I believe also text you a code. Once you receive these just follow instructions on website. It takes a few minutes at most. Once you've created an account you can then link your records by doing the following: A.Link Portal Account with Beneficiary Record
To link their portal account with their beneficiary record the beneficiaries must follow the steps below:

Request from their PD (personal doctor) to generate the verification codes.
The beneficiary must visit the PD and request the generation of the verification codes. Two verification codes will be issued. The first is printed at the PD’s office and the second is sent (automatically) to the email that resides in the beneficiary’s record. That is, the email that was declared for communication purposes during the GHS enrolment process. If no email has been declared, the PD can add the beneficiary’s email to their record, and then issue the verification codes. The system allows the generation of verification codes only if an email address has been declared into the system.
Note: The verification codes are valid for 24 hours. If the process is not completed within this period the beneficiary must request from his/her PD the generation of new verification codes.

Case A: The beneficiary already has a portal account:
Log into the portal account by selecting “Beneficiary Portal” from the HIO website www.gesy.org.cy and input the verification codes. To do this, follow the steps below:
1 Log into your portal account from the Beneficiary Portal.
2 In the initial page select “Link your Record”.
3 Enter the verification code provided by the PD (verification code 1) and the verification code sent to the beneficiary’s email (verification code 2).

At this point, the beneficiary must ensure that he/she inputs the correct verification codes that correspond to the specific beneficiary record. In case of a mistake the portal account maybe linked to another beneficiary record. In this case the beneficiary must contact the HIO immediately.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Many thanks. Jimgym.
That sounds unbelievably complicated... compared with the NHS, for example.
I will have to try to get my PD or her staff to help me! I wonder how many elderly people will miss their chance of getting the vaccine.

Dee
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Does anyone know what the situation will be for those of us with an MEU1 and not in GESY? Legal residents, but as far as I can see the vaccine portal is just for GESY members.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:09 am Many thanks. Jimgym.
That sounds unbelievably complicated... compared with the NHS, for example.
I will have to try to get my PD or her staff to help me! I wonder how many elderly people will miss their chance of getting the vaccine.

Dee
You don't have to register online for vaccine. Once you are on GESY you will be notified by your GP. The above was as much to be able to access your records etc as anything else. But trust me, it is very simple, it just sounds complicated. The website is very easy to navigate.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

DavidatLWH wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:34 am Does anyone know what the situation will be for those of us with an MEU1 and not in GESY? Legal residents, but as far as I can see the vaccine portal is just for GESY members.
If you check on the site there is information on registering for vaccine if you are not a GESY member. Lofos Jan did post link above. https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... ation.docx
Miloman

Post by Miloman »

Jimgym, I don't think you are correct that you will be notified by your GP. I have spoken to mine and although prepared to help you get an appointment, you have to contact your GP if you require help. I have applied online for an appointment as I am 80. It all went through ok except at the end it said I was not qualified to have the vaccine. After enquiring further it appears you have to be 81 or over.
Previously MofArodes on CL
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Miloman wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:05 am Jimgym, I don't think you are correct that you will be notified by your GP. I have spoken to mine and although prepared to help you get an appointment, you have to contact your GP if you require help. I have applied online for an appointment as I am 80. It all went through ok except at the end it said I was not qualified to have the vaccine. After enquiring further it appears you have to be 81 or over.
Happy to be corrected. For those who aren't registered etc it's best for them to speak with GP. Personally I will be doing mine online but do appreciate that some struggle with the website etc.
Paphianclive

Post by Paphianclive »

Has anybody actually registered for the vaccine yet? I am in the right age group but when trying to register, the response is: no name in the database with this registration number and birth date.
I have been registered with GESY since it began and regularly see my GP.
Any ideas?