Good News re Oxford Vaccine

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Maggie B

Good News re Oxford Vaccine

Post by Maggie B »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55280671

Let's hope we can all get back to a more normal way of life? This news has really lifted my spirits on this snowy morning.😁 Happy New Year to you all when it comes.

Maggie B
Mrblobby

Re: Good News re Oxford Vaccine

Post by Mrblobby »

Good news indeed , as Cyprus expects to receive 1,192,043 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine from December through to the second quarter of 2022.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Excellent news. It’s much easier to distribute and to produce!
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The EU agreed to purchased 400m doses (200m people) - that will cope with the over 50’s at least
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

There's talk here in UK of spreading the 2 doses over a longer period so that most of the over 50s vulnerable people will be covered by Spring.
It's going to be a long process for everyone else....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
El tel

Post by El tel »

I will be 75 in January and will move up a tier . I reckon there are about 7 million in front of me so with a two metre spacing that is a very long queue.

Terry
TandC

Post by TandC »

Not quite 7 million more like just over 6 million according to published lists. Thats a bit of good news anyway though still a long line!!
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Don’t worry El tel you could be done by mid February , if the calculator site is correct .

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk
Attachments
6F5392EA-8DE9-4EA9-AF0B-19460A09CEB3.jpeg
6F5392EA-8DE9-4EA9-AF0B-19460A09CEB3.jpeg (97.93 KiB) Viewed 3080 times
Varky

Post by Varky »

They are reporting a 70% protection 2 weeks after the first injection but no-0ne is telling us what protection level is expected after the 2nd injection.
TandC

Post by TandC »

I think there is still some information to be validated and presumably released then.Viewing the Press Conference this morning it was stressed that there would be more press release imminently,but that no vaccines give 100% protection
El tel

Post by El tel »

Thanks for the feedback , could be in Cyprus from March 1st . :-)

Terry
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:32 pm I read earlier that the EU has NOT received from the Oxford vaccine people any paperwork (even the most preliminary) relating to the vaccine...and therefore will not approve the vaccine until after they have received the requisite paperwork and satisfied themselves as to it's efficacy and safety.
That is sad Lloyd.

So, do you reckon it will take many more weeks or months for the EU to go through this process??

MB
brianh

Post by brianh »

It is incorrect to state that the EU has not received any data from Oxford/AstraZeneca. I would suggest looking at the European Medicines Agency Website (ema.europa.eu) an official EU Website. There is an Update on rolling review of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 Vaccine. This clearly confirms that information has been received and is currently being assessed. It also sets out the further action required before any type of authorisation can be given.
brianh

Post by brianh »

I also read that. However, pharmaceutical-technology is a news gathering agency, similar to the old fashioned newspapers. I would suggest that information published on the official EU Medicines Agency Website is more to the point and accurate, without any ad hoc comments from Belgium newspapers.