Brexit Deal in Full

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
boycott

Brexit Deal in Full

Post by boycott »

For those with a sense of humour and to much time on their hands the full deal is on this site.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pean-union
Jim B

Re: Brexit Deal in Full

Post by Jim B »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... irror_main

I think this chart issued by the EU and published in the Daily Mirror gives a clearer insight into where we've won and where we've lost.

Jim
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

When it say 'EU member State' ..."By comparison, a string of green ticks show the benefits of EU membership for those living in member states "
I live in Cyprus, an EU member state, but I have a UK passport.. I assume ?? that the green ticks do not refer to me ???
Trev..
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

Nothing to show other than today’s report that the UK is once again the 5th largest economy in the world and the 2nd largest economy in Europe behind Germany give it a rest - problem is if the likes of HIC had bothered to vote the result may have been different, the fact was that the likes of HIC were so loved up with the EU they could not see that many people were out and out fed up of the EU.

You can bang the pro EU drum as much as you like but there are tens of millions across many EU countries that think the opposite
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:24 pm When it say 'EU member State' ..."By comparison, a string of green ticks show the benefits of EU membership for those living in member states "
I live in Cyprus, an EU member state, but I have a UK passport.. I assume ?? that the green ticks do not refer to me ???
I would guess so Trev, I think it refers to state benefits rather than personal.
Living in an EU state we will benefit from whatever the state receives like better roads for instance.

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:24 pm When it say 'EU member State' ..."By comparison, a string of green ticks show the benefits of EU membership for those living in member states "
It refers to EU citizens, rather then EU residents,
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

living the dream wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:03 pm Nothing to show other than today’s report that the UK is once again the 5th largest economy in the world and the 2nd largest economy in Europe behind Germany give it a rest - problem is if the likes of HIC had bothered to vote the result may have been different, the fact was that the likes of HIC were so loved up with the EU they could not see that many people were out and out fed up of the EU.

You can bang the pro EU drum as much as you like but there are tens of millions across many EU countries that think the opposite
Being the 5th largest economy depends on which report you read, several I've just read splits it between the UK and India sand of course right wing news outlets would favour the UK.

And for us who keep banging on about Remain, well are you trying to stifle our democratic right, you know, the same right you and fellow leavers have been so vociferous about defending?

Jim

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I am keeping this Brexit thread in the General section, as it is relevant to a lot of us. Please keep posts respectful and on point though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

Jim B - you can bang on about remaining as much as you like the FACTS are there was a referendum called, everyone was asked to vote the FACTS are the UK voted LEAVE.

What many posters including myself are fed up of is that you HIC and other can’t accept is the result and look to make as many negative posts as you can about Brexit and the electorate who voted Brexit - so far to date non of yours and others predictions of doom have come to pass yet you still bang the same old drum - this is what is P—-ing people off
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

So, we won sovereignty we always had (witnessed this week by the EU asking countries to open borders and having no power over those)
We lost fishing rights.
We have to do customs declarations on every movement.
No guarantees on services.
Erasmus project scraped despite Johnson promising it would continue, in parliament in answer to a question.
Out of joint work on Health, Security, Policing and more

And much more...

So, I’d like amazed to know how we are better off now, in 5 years and beyond
Last edited by Jimgward on Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

living the dream wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:32 pm Jim B - you can bang on about remaining as much as you like the FACTS are there was a referendum called, everyone was asked to vote the FACTS are the UK voted LEAVE.

What many posters including myself are fed up of is that you HIC and other can’t accept is the result and look to make as many negative posts as you can about Brexit and the electorate who voted Brexit - so far to date non of yours and others predictions of doom have come to pass yet you still bang the same old drum - this is what is P—-ing people off
If you take a step back you will notice I respond to the misleading posts people like you and some of your fellow leavers write to try and justify Brexit, like your claims about Erasmus and the 52%
As I've said many times if you dont like me pointing out the errors in your posts, block me or just dont read my posts. If you continue to write misleading information I will keep pointing out the errors in them.
It's not just a few of us on here, there are tens of millions who will not accept the result and you'll just have to live with it, that's democracy.

Jim
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

Jim B wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:13 pm It's not just a few of us on here, there are tens of millions who will not accept the result and you'll just have to live with it, that's democracy.

Jim
I’m sorry Jim but that’s the complete opposite of democracy!
In a true democratic society every qualifying person gets a vote and then they accept the choice of the majority. 52% is the majority
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Paulo wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:01 am
Jim B wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:13 pm It's not just a few of us on here, there are tens of millions who will not accept the result and you'll just have to live with it, that's democracy.

Jim
I’m sorry Jim but that’s the complete opposite of democracy!
In a true democratic society every qualifying person gets a vote and then they accept the choice of the majority. 52% is the majority
Paulo
I don't know what party you support (if any) but if they're beaten in an election do you just oh!, that's it then , they won and leave it at that or do you support the campaign by voting to get your party back in power?
Well that's Democracy and that's what we plan to do. Referendums aren't on a time table so have to be campaigned for until there's another referendum just like leavers did from 1974. If I was talking about changing the result by force I would agree with you but I'm talking about democratic means of campaigning unlike the leave group in 2016 who used every dirty trick in the book to get the result they wanted.

Jim
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

And now the agreement has been signed by the EU Presidents, it's soon to be winging its way to Boris.
Meanwhile very little time for our MPs to read, understand, ask questions and debate before it has to be signed by tomorrow night.
Not bad going for that oven ready, ever so simple procedure we were all promised.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I believe the details of the deal was published a day after the agreement so the MP’s have had the same amount of time as the EU leaders have to disgest it.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

In which ways was Theresa May's deal more favourable?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Yup!
Great scrutineering, eh?
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:04 am Ah, the cut and paste deal where Netscape browser and Mozilla Mail are regarded as new technology whose IP must be protected https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55475433
Perhaps that’s been that long since they complied the “oven ready” deal....
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The Aquila wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:52 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:04 am Ah, the cut and paste deal where Netscape browser and Mozilla Mail are regarded as new technology whose IP must be protected https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55475433
Perhaps that’s been that long since they complied the “oven ready” deal....
Netscape Browser shut down in 2008.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

The Aquila wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:23 pm I believe the details of the deal was published a day after the agreement so the MP’s have had the same amount of time as the EU leaders have to disgest it.
Obviously not, eh? 😉