Speed cameras step nearer as contract signed

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Speed cameras step nearer as contract signed

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:06 pm
WHL wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:33 pm €With respect ,,,,,Do you make this stuff up as you go along?
please add one link to backup your claims.
All this is perfectly true, at least insofar as the reports were published in the press. The papers were full of it and the fact that thousands of fines were not paid. From the organisation point of view, it was a total catastrophe.
If a fine is issued, it will catch up with you at some point, and will have to be payed.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

WHL
Whether it's True or not what Dee wrote is correct, I remember the article clearly. I believe most of the fines were written off as there was some sort of amnesty..

Jim
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Yes, that is true, Jim, I had totally forgotten that the fines were written off but you have reminded me. I can vouch that this was published at the time.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jim B wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:34 pm WHL
Whether it's True or not what Dee wrote is correct, I remember the article clearly. I believe most of the fines were written off as there was some sort of amnesty..

Jim
I think it matters alot if what you are posting is true or false, otherwise we might as well just post fairytales.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

WHL wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:08 pm
Jim B wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:34 pm WHL

Jim
I think it matters alot if what you are posting is true or false, otherwise we might as well just post fairytales.
I was referring to if what was written in Cypriot Mail was true or not, what I wrote just confirmed Dee's version of events.

Jim
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

WHL,
what I wrote about your love of an argument once again is borne out.
No matter what others opinions are....

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:17 am WHL,
what I wrote about your love of an argument once again is borne out.
No matter what others opinions are....

Dee
I think you should look up what a public forum means, it means as long as you are civil and not rude you post something, and others discuss it either agreeing with you, or disagreeing with you, its called debating, but it seems in your view, if someone like me, disagrees with you on something, you class it as arguing,
well here's the thing as long as you keep posting sweeping and in my opinion' some ridiculous posts' I will keep ( in your words) arguing with you,
you can easily add ( please only reply to my posts if you agree with them)
or block me, simple.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

WHL, have you noticed that other well known posters on this board have supported my version of events here? So please stop bugging me.
If you have been living in Cyprus as long as you have claimed, surely unless your head was in the sand, you should have heard or read about current events here? The saga of the speed cameras was just one of the things which has happened.
It seems you have no sense of humour as you are too busy feeling offended.
Dee
emgee

Post by emgee »

Now you've offended him even more!

Alan
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:47 pm WHL, have you noticed that other well known posters on this board have supported my version of events here? So please stop bugging me.
If you have been living in Cyprus as long as you have claimed, surely unless your head was in the sand, you should have heard or read about current events here? The saga of the speed cameras was just one of the things which has happened.
It seems you have no sense of humour as you are too busy feeling offended.
Dee
Firstly it would take alot more then any of your posts to offend me , secondly why in Gods name would I claim to have lived here, for 35 years if it wasn't the case, give me a clue as to why I would make it up, Unlike some I do not live in an expat bubble coming out with the same old record about how corrupt , bent, brown envelope shit hole Cyprus is, I have learned to speak the laungage, have you? , , I live amongst locals and foreigners, so I think I have a more balanced view then some, so as long as people, post ridiculous posts ,without adding one link to back their claims , I will pick them up on it,
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

So, at least three members on this subject 'post ridiculous posts", just because you do not remember the fuss that the subject caused.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:52 pm So, at least three members on this subject 'post ridiculous posts", just because you do not remember the fuss that the subject caused.
I remember the fuss it made , was it true that camera engineers pointed the cameras the wrong way , No it wasn't true
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

WHL wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:27 pm I remember the fuss it made , was it true that camera engineers pointed the cameras the wrong way , No it wasn't true
It WAS partially true. The first mounts oriented the cameras in the wrong direction but that was corrected.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:19 am
WHL wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:27 pm I remember the fuss it made , was it true that camera engineers pointed the cameras the wrong way , No it wasn't true
It WAS partially true. The first mounts oriented the cameras in the wrong direction but that was corrected.
I did that myself once, I pointed my tv aerial, the wrong way, it took me all of two seconds, to turn it round the right way, I should of called the news papers, that might of made the front page, then a bunch of people could bring it up years later, give me strength, :roll:
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yawn!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Cyprus Mail archives only go back as far as 2013, unfortunately.

However, I had also heard Dee's version of events as to why the cameras were stopped.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/09/02/cypr ... ive-years/

Cyprus’ only traffic cameras, operating on a small strip of Nicosia’s Grivas Digenis avenue, recorded over 87,500 traffic violations in five years, though only some 75,500 fines were issued. Since June 2014 when the two cameras were first installed until May this year, they recorded a total of 87,534 speed violations. Of those, 75,569 fines were issued, with the remaining 11,965 violations being dismissed.
=============================================================================================================================
A system of traffic cameras operated elsewhere for around 10 months, from November 2006 until August 2007, but were removed after disagreements with the supplier, and since then there have been several botched tenders’ procedures. During those 10 months, 16 fixed traffic cameras and seven mobile ones recorded around 165,000 violations, though the real number was in fact much higher as for various reasons the system was unable to process roughly 30 per cent of violations.