change at airports

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mike.1940

change at airports

Post by Mike.1940 »

According to news today in the Cyprus Mail anyone who arrives after March 1st 2021 who has had the covid vaccine will be allowed to enter with no restrictions. The news goes on to say about the old categories. The UK was in category B. Am I reading it correctly???? If coming from UK if I have had the vaccine I can arrive and enter with no restrictions but, if I have not had the vaccine I will need a covid test within 72 hours prior to arrival. Any comments?
galexinda

Re: change at airports

Post by galexinda »

According to the plan, presented by Transport Minister Yiannis Karousos, which will enter into force on March 1, 2021, people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 will not have to present negative PCR test certificate upon their arrival.

“The amended action plan is expected to further boost the interest of airline companies to carry out additional flights to Cyprus, improve connectivity and increase passenger traffic,” the minister said.

As regards country categorisation, category A will be replaced by the ‘Green Category’, for which there will be no restrictions.

Category B will be replaced by the ‘Orange Category’, which will require a negative PCR test certificate not older than 72 hours prior to departure, a practice that is applied today.

Category C will be replaced by the ‘Red Category’, which will require two negative PCR tests, one within 72 hours before departure and another upon arrival in Cyprus. No self-isolation measures apply in this category.

The action plan introduces a fourth category, the ‘Grey’ one or the ‘special permit category’. Passengers arriving from countries in this category will have to submit a negative PCR test not older than 72 hours before departure and must self-isolate upon arrival in accordance with the instructions of the health ministry.

These categories are in line with the guidelines of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/12/03/coro ... -arrivals/
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes Mike,
You have it correctly.

Dee
JuraHound

Post by JuraHound »

The only plan in my eyes is that it is a control measure. Think very careful before you advance and take this vaccine.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is hoped that it will control the virus.. What are you thinking it will control ??
Trev..
lin n vic

Post by lin n vic »

If you are coming from the uk you will have nothing to say you have had the vaccine unless you are from wales who
will introduce a card with your details on and when you had it done so just arrive say you had done
and away you go not very well thought out yet
Vic
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

JuraHound wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:57 pm The only plan in my eyes is that it is a control measure. Think very careful before you advance and take this vaccine.
Why?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It seems a reasonable plan to me. It would help if the UK were to issue a vaccination card to each person who has had the full course of treatment (2 injections]) with a vaccine.

I have seen a report saying that when the vaccination programme is in full swing internationally, airlines will require all their intending passengers to have had a covid vaccination before they can board an aircraft. This has already been suggested by Quantas. Other airlines will likely follow.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

JuraHound wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:57 pm The only plan in my eyes is that it is a control measure. Think very careful before you advance and take this vaccine.
Either spell out your plan in detail or stop posting this nonsense.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JuraHound

Post by JuraHound »

As I have been requested to spell out my plan rather than post nonsense here it is. If the establishment told people to stick their head in a oven, would everyone do it ( I think not). Therefore why would I want to take a vaccine that has not been medically tried properly? However as I will not be able to travel, visit venues, etc, etc because I have not taken a vaccine that is being forced upon me, I am therefore being controlled by the said establishment. No one should be forced to take a vaccine that is not proven to be safe from side effects and which has not been tested long enough. People should have a choice to take the vaccine, it should not be forced upon them to take it and anyone not taking it should not have their freedom taken away from them.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

It looks as though the only people forcing a vaccination on anyone is the airline and travel industry. If you do not travel, you will not be required to have it!
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It wouldn’t surprise me that CV19 will be an essential vaccination for most counties.

If it’s ok with you Jurahound, I will put my trust in the scientists and authorities that have worked tirelessly to ensure that this is safe enough to be rolled out to the public rather than your guess work.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

JuraHound wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:45 pm As I have been requested to spell out my plan rather than post nonsense here it is. If the establishment told people to stick their head in a oven, would everyone do it ( I think not). Therefore why would I want to take a vaccine that has not been medically tried properly? However as I will not be able to travel, visit venues, etc, etc because I have not taken a vaccine that is being forced upon me, I am therefore being controlled by the said establishment. No one should be forced to take a vaccine that is not proven to be safe from side effects and which has not been tested long enough. People should have a choice to take the vaccine, it should not be forced upon them to take it and anyone not taking it should not have their freedom taken away from them.
Perhaps you’d like to talk to my Mum who was looking forward to the availability of the vaccines so she could come and stay with us as she normally does 2 or 3 times a year. Unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to do that at the moment because after being ripped apart by COVID from healthy to dead in 5 days, she is currently in a mortuary waiting for a cremation I can’t attend.

Of course you’re entitled to have an opinion, but I’d much rather you stop touting this tosh publicly about people being controlled and have some sympathy for the many families around the world like mine who are being destroyed by the virus.

Ian
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

Having read the last item from PolemIan I fully endorse his sentiments there are millions of people who have died world wide so it is surely better to have the jab and risk few-like symtoms than be inconstant worry of catching this dreadful virus. So please take note JuraHound no body is being forced, it is a simple matter of personal choice.