Christmas in Paphos

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Christmas in Paphos

Post by WHL »

We were planning to go back to the UK for Christmas, that's not happening now for obvious reasons, So we are thinking of spending a few days over Christmas in a Paphos Hotel, so can I pick your brains and ask for some recommendations, just the two of us, not bothered about cost, many thanks.
Yioula

Re: Christmas in Paphos

Post by Yioula »

The Elysuim is open, it’s a good 5 star hotel next to the Tombs of the Kings, the coastal path takes you to the Harbour
youngrw

Post by youngrw »

The Elysium announced yesterday that it will remain closed until March 2021 due to Covid restrictions and take the opportunity to refurbish. Most of the other 5 star hotels are also to remain closed, so not much to choose from for Christmas celebrations unfortunately.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There was an article in the press recently about 10 places that were staying open. Rather bizarrely the article failed to mention which places they were.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel and Athena Royal Beach Hotel are open over Christmas.
dodo

Post by dodo »

The following was on TripAdvisor and and was posted 23rd Nov

I have an update based on an email I received following an enquiry via the Cyprus Hotel Association.

The hotels that are planning to remain open during the winter period are as follows.

The Anemi, The Athena Royal, The Agapinor, The Amphora, The Capital Coast, The Daphne, The Droushia Heights, The Louis Phaethon and The Pyramos

All others will be closed but some may re-open in January/February if there is a dramatic change in the situation allowing more freedom of travel for tourists.

The Annabelle is in this tranche where the future is uncertain but where closure until 1st March is more likely. They have suspended all bookings currently for January/February 2021
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL

Post by WHL »

Thanks every one, Il check them out, stayed at the Elysum some years ago, only for one night as we attended a wedding there, not really bothered with a grand/ large hotel, because im guessing there won't be many guest about, so somewhere a bit smaller might be better.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We used to stay at Capital Coast before moving here. We would go for their studios, as we always went self catering. I cannot say what the food was like, but the rooms were clean and the price decent. It is also fairly central but not right in the thick of it, so quieter at night.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

The Louis Phaethon. We always stayed at the Louis Imperial which was excellent. Phaethon open at the moment as I walked past the other day. Quite often talk to people who stay there and most of them are return visitors so it must be good. Lovely one and a half mile walk to the Harbour, along the front of the hotels.