Sklavenitis (Carrefore)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Sklavenitis (Carrefore)

Post by kansas »

Does anyone know what's happening at the store? We went there twice this morning, at 10 a.m. and 1.0pm. The car park was closed and so was the supermarket.
trevnhil

Re: Sklavenitis (Carrefore)

Post by trevnhil »

Oh dear, that does not sound too good.
Trev..
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It’s over the permitted size for opening
Paul

Post by Paul »

I was in there a couple of weeks ago and it was showing all the signs of a company in trouble.
Selves not full and stock pulled to the front to make it look full.
Not a lot of staff around as well.
The same happened at the old Paphos mall near McDonalds.
Pinleyb93

Post by Pinleyb93 »

The size of the store should make no difference in a supermarket.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Perhaps they had a couple of positive cases of COVID-19 .?
All things are possible
kansas

Post by kansas »

I have an interest in this because my OH bought a jacket for me, from the supermarket, yesterday which is too tight. Looks like I might have to go on a diet!
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Pinleyb93 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:19 pm The size of the store should make no difference in a supermarket.
The operation of covered shopping centres, malls and large stores with an area over 500 sq.m. is suspended.
kansas

Post by kansas »

On another site someone posted that the supermarket had put up a notice last week saying that it would be closed today.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I sometimes shop in the Larnaca store, and in my view there is never enough shoppers in there, to cover the cost of the electricity bill they must have, let alone anything else,
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Really do like this shop, especially upstairs where there are many bargains for household and electrical items as well as clothing, stationery etc. Not been there since new restrictions but see no reason why upstairs should be closed when other retail shops selling similar items are open - at least we are not at the 'essential shopping only' stage where areas of some shops are taped off. Find it very worrying that because a shop is closed for one day and especially had advertised it in advance and yet some assume it is closing down. May have been for a stock take or perhaps management decided to have a 'deep clean'. However, now I am beginning to speculate which is something I rarely do as I prefer to deal with facts.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Back open today and packed!
I think yesterday's closure was to allow all the Christmas stock to be put on display.
jeba

Post by jeba »

WHL wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:10 am I sometimes shop in the Larnaca store, and in my view there is never enough shoppers in there, to cover the cost of the electricity bill they must have, let alone anything else,
Compared to their shop in Kiti the one in Larnaca is packed. Hardly ever the number of customers exceeds the number of employees.
WHL

Post by WHL »

jeba wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:06 pm
WHL wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:10 am I sometimes shop in the Larnaca store, and in my view there is never enough shoppers in there, to cover the cost of the electricity bill they must have, let alone anything else,
Compared to their shop in Kiti the one in Larnaca is packed. Hardly ever the number of customers exceeds the number of employees.
Unfortunately there too many stores in Cyprus for the amount of population, I think we have more pharmacies here per head of population then any other EU country.