More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Post by Dominic »

More COVID measures were announced this evening. It looks like a partial lockdown, with no limits on movement within your province. NB: Paphos, Limassol, Nicosia, Larnaca and Famagusta are all provinces.

From 12th to 30th November stricter controls will be in place in Paphos and Limassol. These include no movement out of your region, curfew from 8pm until 5am, closing of hairdressers, malls, museums, cinemas, theatres, gyms, beauticians and high schools.

Read the article and chat about it below...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Re: More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Post by trevnhil »

We will need to sort out permission for a trip to Nicosia next week for Medical reasons..
Trev..
Anarita John

Re: More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Post by Anarita John »

We visited King's Ave Mall today. Jumbo's was heaving, with people buying decorations. Impossible to socially distance and we got out as quick as we could. Other shops fairly quiet. Went into Marks to see if they had Christmas jumpers but no luck and ended up getting a couple from Jack Jones.
Went down to the harbour and very few people about. Had a coffee at Ma Biana and the owner said it had been very quiet all week.
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

Well AJ I would be happy if the establishments that ignore the social distancing requirements went out of business very quickly. They know the rules that we have to follow and if they suffer financially as a result then so be it. Good riddance I'd say.
I do however feel sorry for the businesses that abide by the guidelines and have now been sucked into the latest prohibitions.
I was looking forward to attending my local taverna tomorrow night/afternoon but now understand that their business will now be suspended. Not for their flouting of previous rules but purely because of the greed of large stores (similar to that of Jumbo) that don't follow the guidelines and subsequently contribute (potentially) to the current infection rate.
It looks like I'm going to have to give my local taverna (15+ miles away from Paphos) a miss for the next 3 weeks at least, I know I'll survive but I hope they do also. Some won't financially despite the fact they comply with all the guidelines.
Kissos

Post by Kissos »

Trev I too have 2 visits arranged to Nicosia for medical reasons already been postponed from Sept. Not sure how I get permission. Had already emailed oncology yesterday before the announcement asking for a document confirming my 2 appointments but not heard back. But I did get a text earlier yesterday from oncology saying appointments going ahead and not to arrive earlier than 15 mins before the time. This was before announcement. Have already had required blood tests, booked car hire and husband booked time off work. But I am nervous on one hand of risk of covid on the other hand the risk of not having my scan and being monitored is a risk too.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Kissos, we are attending the same place ie the Oncology Centre.. I have yet to see the rules in detail today, but I feel sure we will still be going. I think if we have a medical file with us, and an appointment card, if we have one, all will be OK..
But in the case of travelling out from Paphos towards Nicosia neither roads are busy and I would almost expect the Police to be doing checks ..
Trev..
kansas

Post by kansas »

There will also be a lot of students returning from university for the Christmas holidays. Will they be tested before boarding the aircraft? If not, and they're tested upon arrival and found positive, will they be sent home to self isolate with their extended families? If so, how would this be monitored? I haven't got the answers to this, just thoughts that are occurring to me this morning.......

On the positive side at least we're not restricted to asking for permission to leave the house once a day so we can at least enjoy being out and about in the warmth and sunshine.
Last edited by kansas on Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I don't know why the districts business causes so much confusion. Limassol and Paphos are different districts. As are Larnaca, Famagusta and Nicosia.
There are five districts in the ROC.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I can easily understand those distinctions, and of course Limassol is around 45 minutes from Paphos.
Less clear is the journey to Polis which is also around 45 mins from Paphos .
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Why is it unclear? They are like counties. Polis and Paphos are in the same district.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Districts_of_Cyprus
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

That's good then :-) I wonder where the boundary is now between Paphos district and Limassol District.
This other map also shows the districts quite clearly
https://www.justaboutcyprus.com/districts/
Trev..
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

As HIC says-

2. It is prohibited to move persons to and from Limassol and Paphos Districts, as well as between the two Districts, with the exception of transfers of workers to essential services, transportation for medical incident (with the presentation of a medical certificate), transportation of persons to and from Larnaca and Paphos Airports and Limassol Port.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Is travel for social purposes between Ammochostos District and Pafos District permitted?
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

[quote=Cactuslil post_id=126371 time=1605169809 user_id=68]
As HIC says-

2. It is prohibited to move persons to and from Limassol and Paphos Districts
WHL

Post by WHL »

bromerzz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:25 am Is travel for social purposes between Ammochostos District and Pafos District permitted?
Reading it, no its not
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Mmmmmm,only 2 people can walk together outside but 10 can meet together inside!! Have i got this right???
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Police with the army, have placed, check points on the motor ways,
so make sure you have all the relevant paper work with you, unless you want a big fine.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

WHL wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:33 pm The Police with the army, have placed, check points on the motor ways,
so make sure you have all the relevant paper work with you, unless you want a big fine.
But the restrictions are not on yet ...

" According to police spokesperson Christos Andreou, who was a guest on state radio Thursday morning, highway patrol officers will be inspecting traffic to and from Limassol and Paphos districts, after new government measures were set to go into effect in the evening at 8pm. "
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:04 pm
WHL wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:33 pm The Police with the army, have placed, check points on the motor ways,
But the restrictions are not on yet ??
Sorry should read, will place

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/new ... -districts