More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Varky

Re: More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Post by Varky »

Let me get this straight. (Looking for confirmation or otherwise)

If you are exempt then you need to have a Covid Test for each crossing of the district border. (I know there are other requirements etc.)

If you are not exempt but are only crossing the border for a one-off visit to a hospital or clinic, all you need is a certificate from said hospital/clinic confirming the appointment.
trevnhil

Re: More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Post by trevnhil »

To me the travel restrictions mean you DO NOT travel out of the Paphos area to Limassol, Larnaca, Nicosia etc..
If you are exempt from these restrictions you CAN travel.. But you will need a Covid Pass cert after next Tuesday

"As of 5am on Wednesday November 18, all those persons exempt from the travel restrictions will additionally be required to display a negative PCR [coronavirus] test that has been issued at most seven days prior to the date of travel."
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Off subject but nevertheless important. What is a province? As far as I am aware, the country is divided into Districts, each with a head town with the same name, e.g., Paphos, Limassol, Larnaca et cetera. Before now I have never seen the use of the word province.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Devil wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:25 pm Off subject but nevertheless important. What is a province? As far as I am aware, the country is divided into Districts, each with a head town with the same name, e.g., Paphos, Limassol, Larnaca et cetera. Before now I have never seen the use of the word province.
Look here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13549

I think they used the word "Province" because too many people thought "district" just meant the locality of the city of Paphos etc.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Varky wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:59 am Let me get this straight. (Looking for confirmation or otherwise)

If you are exempt then you need to have a Covid Test for each crossing of the district border. (I know there are other requirements etc.)

If you are not exempt but are only crossing the border for a one-off visit to a hospital or clinic, all you need is a certificate from said hospital/clinic confirming the appointment.
Everybody will need to have had a test within a week of their journey. If they do 8 journeys in that week, they will only need one test.

If you don't have a valid reason to cross, you cannot cross.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:25 pm Off subject but nevertheless important. What is a province? As far as I am aware, the country is divided into Districts, each with a head town with the same name, e.g., Paphos, Limassol, Larnaca et cetera. Before now I have never seen the use of the word province.
Im sure the majority of people know exactly what is meant,
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have read the article, and seen the photograph.. Social distancing seems to have been totally absent :-)
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I thought that we could have 10 people in a house( in Paphos), but only 2 people could go for a walk together? There are so many more regulations this time, compared with the last lock down, It seems strange that only 2 people can walk together in the open air, even wearing a mask...

Just hope that this attempt by the Govt will work to actually reduce the number of cases.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Latest announcement re PCR tests:

[the table mentioned below lists one centre in Paphos:
115 Archbishop Makarios Avenue,
Geroskipou, Paphos
Tel: 80012112, 22263030
]

The control program of employees who fall under the exemptions for movement to and from the Paphos and Limassol Provinces

Due to the great interest from employees who fall into the categories of exemptions for movement to and from the Provinces of Limassol and Paphos, according to the Decree of the Minister of Health , and from Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 5 am, should in case of a negative molecular test result (PCR test), the Ministry of Health informs that the sampling will continue tomorrow and Tuesday , at the sampling points mentioned in the attached table .

Specifically, the examinees can be examined either in their Province of residence or in their Province of Labor, necessarily presenting an Employer Certificate .

It is noted that the sampling points in the Provinces of Limassol and Paphos have been modified, and the necessary arrangements have been made, so that tests are available in all Provinces.

Finally, it should be noted that this program is addressed only to employees included in the categories of exceptions in the relevant Decree, is carried out by the PCR method and is independent of the control program with the method of rapid antigen detection starting tomorrow and affecting the general population .

At this point it is clarified that the control program of the general population with rapid antigen test will last 10 days and 500 tests will be performed per day per mobile unit . It is noted that in case of a positive result in the rapid antigen test, the individual should be immediately self-limiting and new sampling will be performed to confirm the result by PCR . This program will be updated regularly, so that frequent population screening can be carried out and possible outbreaks of the virus can be identified in time and reduced.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Dominic wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:57 am The government have to weight up practicalities with risk.

After 72 hours you could have picked up the virus.

After 7 days you could have picked up the virus.

There is more chance of testing positive 7 days after your last test than 3 days, for sure, but the difference in probability isn't huge.

So what does the extra 4 days mean? It means there is less strain on the testing centres. In the UK they have been overwhelmed at times.

And that means there will be less stress on the public. The big problem they had in the UK (with regards flying to Cyprus) was that flights on Sunday - Wednesday required weekend lab work. People were having to change flights etc because they hadn't got their test result back in time. If you expand the window, then people won't get so stressed.

If it was 14 days then I agree, it would be pointless.

In an ideal world, the test would be as simple as the guy who takes your temperature when you enter the Mall. But I can't see that ever happening.
Lufthansa offers ( and pays for) and demands antigen tests before boarding. Seems to be a reasonable solution.
Pafos

Post by Pafos »

jeba wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:15 am
Dominic wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:57 am The government have to weight up practicalities with risk.

After 72 hours you could have picked up the virus.

After 7 days you could have picked up the virus.

There is more chance of testing positive 7 days after your last test than 3 days, for sure, but the difference in probability isn't huge.

So what does the extra 4 days mean? It means there is less strain on the testing centres. In the UK they have been overwhelmed at times.

And that means there will be less stress on the public. The big problem they had in the UK (with regards flying to Cyprus) was that flights on Sunday - Wednesday required weekend lab work. People were having to change flights etc because they hadn't got their test result back in time. If you expand the window, then people won't get so stressed.

If it was 14 days then I agree, it would be pointless.

In an ideal world, the test would be as simple as the guy who takes your temperature when you enter the Mall. But I can't see that ever happening.
Lufthansa offers ( and pays for) and demands antigen tests before boarding. Seems to be a reasonable solution.
Lufthansa are only doing this on one route at present.