More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Re: More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Post by galexinda »

Les Bean wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 pm
Chaddy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:26 pm Mmmmmm,only 2 people can walk together outside but 10 can meet together inside!! Have i got this right???
Nope, the 10 number is for districts other than Limassol and Pafos,where the 2 restriction applies
Package B - Extraordinary measures in force in the Provinces of Limassol and Paphos for the period from November 12 to November 30, 2020 .

It is forbidden to move people from 8 pm to 5 am the next day , except for travels for emergency medical reasons (from / to pharmacy, hospital) or for work purposes, with the presentation of a relevant certificate or evidence.

The movement of persons to and from the Provinces of Limassol and Paphos is prohibited, as well as between the two Provinces , with the exception of the movement of workers in essential services, movement for a medical incident (upon presentation of a medical certificate), movement for the transfer of persons to and from Airports and Paphos and the Port of Limassol.

Gatherings in public places (parks, squares, dams, picnic areas, beaches, sidewalks and marinas, etc.) are prohibited , except for sports purposes, provided that they do not exceed two people, excluding the minor children of parents who play sports.

It is allowed to be present in gatherings of persons in families, with a maximum number of gatherings of 10 people per house , including minors.
Church worship and other forms of religious worship in religious places are performed without the presence of believers .
Varky

Re: More COVID measures - partial lockdown with no limits on movement within province.

Post by Varky »

Sounds like residents of Pissouri cannot come to Paphos to do their shopping as they are in Limassos District.
darrow

Post by darrow »

We went to the hospital today for a pre arranged appt. . Already stopping partners accompanying the patient.. All hanging around outside!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I must admit that I have no problems with there being road checkpoints even if they are manned by the army
Trev..
dodo

Post by dodo »

darrow wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:05 pm We went to the hospital today for a pre arranged appt. . Already stopping partners accompanying the patient.. All hanging around outside!
And your problem being!?
I'd be quite happy with that 🤣
JuraHound

Post by JuraHound »

I thought it strange that the restrictions are only for Paphos and Limassol and could not understand why other more densely populated areas such as Nicosia and Larnaca were not put under the same restrictions until I read on Cyprus Mail That the President of Turkey is having a picnic in the North this Sunday on Varosha Beach and there were mass protests expected but they have been cancelled due to people not being able to travel there from Paphos and Limassol areas. Now what a surprise that Paphos and Limassol are now in Lockdown.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

COVID NEGATIVE TEST NEEDED FOR TRAVELLING between districts from 5am Wednesday the 18th November..
"As of 5am on Wednesday November 18, all those persons exempt from the travel restrictions will additionally be required to display a negative PCR [coronavirus] test that has been issued at most seven days prior to the date of travel. "

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/11/12/decr ... 0zSeQ9Og7I
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

7 days is not next to useless. It is all about reducing the likelihood of spreading a disease, rather than the direct elimination of it.

Personally I think the Government have handled the whole situation very well indeed.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I also think any testing measures will help with identifying more positive cases which in turn will help to reduce the spread. I do think though that for those in these situations like Lloyd’s daughter who needs to take children to school and and those that are essential/key workers who need to travel between regions, testing should be available free or at a reduced rate. I am quite sure that by now the cost of a test will be less than it was 4 or 5 months ago.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lofos-Jan wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:24 am I also think any testing measures will help with identifying more positive cases which in turn will help to reduce the spread. I do think though that for those in these situations like Lloyd’s daughter who needs to take children to school and and those that are essential/key workers who need to travel between regions, testing should be available free or at a reduced rate. I am quite sure that by now the cost of a test will be less than it was 4 or 5 months ago.

Jeanne
I went in for general blood tests this morning, and the guy in front of me, was there for a covid test, he paid the receptionist 40 e.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

I find it hard to believe that garden centres can stay open yet doctors and private hospitals have to close
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Sadie wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:14 am I find it hard to believe that garden centres can stay open yet doctors and private hospitals have to close
Not correct , I have an appointment at the Blue Cross hospital today and after reading your message rang them to confirm it is still on
Lefkes.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am not sure about doctors and private hospitals closing, although I was a Post about Dr Molly Yesterday.
But I was at the Iasis Private Hospital this morning around 7-15am. I checked in and had no problem seeing the doctor there who is treating me..
Maybe others could confirm, or otherwise if their doctor / GP is seeing patients, or not ..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Sadie wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:14 am I find it hard to believe that garden centres can stay open yet doctors and private hospitals have to close
I find it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe.

Two completely different scenarios one of which involves people seeking or receiving medical treatment and the other choosing plants and other accessories for the garden
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Dr Molly has since updated the information on her website :
''9.30AM 13/11/2020
UPDATE TO YESTERDAY's ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The President of the Medical Association of Cyprus, Doctor George Vorkas, has been able to confirm that we are allowed to stay open but must adhere to the clarified lockdown regulations!

Patients can attend appointments on the proviso that they are for urgent medical needs. This means that patients should consider delaying non essential appointments BUT AS ALWAYS, contact the team for advice.

Visits by family members are forbidden (unless attending as a carer).

"Drop ins" to arrange an appointment are forbidden so please telephone the office in all instances.

As the aim of the lockdown is to suppress the COVID-19 virus, Dr. Molly will be able to make telephone calls for urgent consultations and for those patients who have the technical confidence, video conference calls with tools such as Skype, Facetime and Messenger can also be used.
The practice will be open as normal between 9-3 Monday to Friday.
GESY Prescription renewal requests can be made via email and for those who do not have access to email, telephone renewals can be arranged.
For private prescriptions, please contact the office team for guidance.
PRESCRIPTIONS CANNOT BE COLLECTED FROM THE PRACTICE OFFICE AS NON APPOINTMENT VISITS ARE PROHIBITED.
Once a prescription is created/renewed, you can either reference your ARC/MEUx number or ID and the pharmacist will find your prescription or we can send the prescription to you by email.
The email attachment can then either be shown to the pharmacist or printed off in the usual way and presented to the pharmacist.
If you do not have access to email, please have a pen and paper handy to note down the prescription number and take this with you to the pharmacy to collect your prescription.
Referrals can be made, but you will need to check with the establishment you wish to attend, that they are open and accepting patient appointments.
Please continue to check our pages regularly as we will provide updates as and when they are issued by either the Ministry of Health and/or the HIO (GESY).
Take great care, stay positive, keep your hands clean and stay safe x
Dr. Molly and the team''.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am glad to read the update, that clarifies the situation. But it is regretable that the mistake was mad in the first place.
But as the saying goes, 'All's well that ends well'
Trev..
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Les Bean wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 pm
Chaddy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:26 pm Mmmmmm,only 2 people can walk together outside but 10 can meet together inside!! Have i got this right???
Nope, the 10 number is for districts other than Limassol and Pafos,where the 2 restriction applies
You can have upto 10 people of the same family inside including children in both Limassol and Paphos districts.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I sometimes wonder why people post on here to find out if their doctor or hospital is open, when it would be quicker to ring the doctors receptionist or the hospital concerned to get this information?

It is very easy to tell the boundary between Paphos and Limassol if on the motorway. It is the big bridge you pass over near Aphrodites Rock. If you are traveling towards Limassol there is also a road sign which gives the information that you are now in Limassol district.

Dee
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

galexinda wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:46 pm
I find it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe.

Two completely different scenarios one of which involves people seeking or receiving medical treatment and the other choosing plants and other accessories for the garden
Silly me, of course the virus isn’t transferable at garden centres 🤷🏼‍♀️
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The government have to weight up practicalities with risk.

After 72 hours you could have picked up the virus.

After 7 days you could have picked up the virus.

There is more chance of testing positive 7 days after your last test than 3 days, for sure, but the difference in probability isn't huge.

So what does the extra 4 days mean? It means there is less strain on the testing centres. In the UK they have been overwhelmed at times.

And that means there will be less stress on the public. The big problem they had in the UK (with regards flying to Cyprus) was that flights on Sunday - Wednesday required weekend lab work. People were having to change flights etc because they hadn't got their test result back in time. If you expand the window, then people won't get so stressed.

If it was 14 days then I agree, it would be pointless.

In an ideal world, the test would be as simple as the guy who takes your temperature when you enter the Mall. But I can't see that ever happening.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.