Covid 19 vaccination

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
LouiseCastricum

Re: Covid 19 vaccination

Post by LouiseCastricum »

galexinda wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:00 pm Just read this post on another forum - may have an impact on those who are hoping to get the flu vaccination done by their Personal Doctor:

''Just been advised from Dr Molly,s surgery
That GP surgery,s are now closed
You can contact by email or phone only between 9 am and 2 pm
Dr Molly,s usual opening times
Repeat prescriptions online
No surgery visits at all
My follow up blood tests for next week all stopped
What about all of those waiting for flu Jabs ?
This is a move I don,t understand as none of us stop having other health issues
But as with all other rules...will follow through''
Not true. Dr. Molly misunderstood the new rules and re-opened.
Louise :)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Here is the BBC's take on the anti vax brigade.

https://www.bbc.com/news/54893437
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Austin7,
I expect that you are now spending time finding more proof to discredit the Moderna vaccine as it looks more likely to be used over the Pfizer vax.
David
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

It would help if we knew the total number of people who take part in each stage of every trial and assume that at this level it is a ''double blind study''.

I have seen adverts for face creams on TV which state that after 4 weeks 80 percent of women find their wrinkles are not so prominent - of a total of 157 participants (or similar low figures).

There is also the efficacy level of immunity to take into account with regard to different age groups, something which is being discussed in depth on TV.

Still early days, but that is the way of scientific research.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

galexinda wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:37 am It would help if we knew the total number of people who take part in each stage of every trial and assume that at this level it is a ''double blind study''.

I have seen adverts for face creams on TV which state that after 4 weeks 80 percent of women find their wrinkles are not so prominent - of a total of 157 participants (or similar low figures).

There is also the efficacy level of immunity to take into account with regard to different age groups, something which is being discussed in depth on TV.

Still early days, but that is the way of scientific research.
The trials will be double-blind and even the CEO of Pfizer or the German inventor, will not know at this stage, the exact details.

From what I have read and speaking to some experts, I am pretty comfortable in taking a vaccine after it has had it’s initial rollout.

I have no hope that this will happen before next summer for me (60+) as we are getting a lot of hype on availability when worldwide supply does not meet the orders placed.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Looks like the ''Oxford'' vaccine looks the best option as it does not need to be kept so low in temperature, well done the UK...lets all hope we get the chance to get it done and soon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55040635
Jim.