Appointment for MEU 3

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Oakland

Appointment for MEU 3

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

We have tried and been given loads of telephone numbers to make an appointment for the MEU 3 .

Anyone on here know the correct number to call please .

We have called 26806200 , but they keep giving different numbers that don’t answer

Thanks

Les
ludlowboy

Re: Appointment for MEU 3

Post by ludlowboy »

If you have an MEU1, you need not worry, also be aware that if you have a UK passport, after Jan 21, you will no longer be a ‘Member of the European Union, it may require an alternative piece of paper.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

This is the first I have heard about anything needed to go with your passport... Although I do realise you say 'may require'
Trev..
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

The number we have is also 26806200. I suggest you go in to make an appointment, remembering to take your passport and MEU1. We have always found them helpful. You may not get an appoint till early next year but you should be able to travel with your passport and MEU1 or MEU3. We always carry these with our passports anyway.
Oakland

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info , we will go down in person and get an appointment.

Les
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Les, If it was me, I would go to immigration and ask them for an appointment.
A friend of mine, also needs to get his MEU3, did that last week and has an appointment there next week.
Ludlow Boy, if you wanted to live in Cyprus and have lived in Cyprus for more than 5 yrs, you should apply for the MEU 3. The MEU 1 is a registration certificate, the MEU 3 is a residents permit. They sound similar, but they aren't.
Dee
Oakland

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

We decided yesterday to go there in person .

Pretty crowded , but got through and we have been given a date of 1st Feb 2021 .

They must be busy .

Also found on our travels back home four very young puppies running around in the back road , they are now watered and feed and wrapped up warm .

Les
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Kili01 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:59 pm Les, If it was me, I would go to immigration and ask them for an appointment.
A friend of mine, also needs to get his MEU3, did that last week and has an appointment there next week.
Ludlow Boy, if you wanted to live in Cyprus and have lived in Cyprus for more than 5 yrs, you should apply for the MEU 3. The MEU 1 is a registration certificate, the MEU 3 is a residents permit. They sound similar, but they aren't.
Dee
The MEU1 is a temporary residence certificate. It is as good as the MEU3 and covers you for the first five years, at which point you change it to an MEU3.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
josef k

Post by josef k »

People often say they are the same thing, but they are not. A MEU1 lapses if you are out of Cyprus for 6 months. A MEU3 doesn't lapse until an absence of 5 years. Certain government subsidies are only available to MEU3 holders. You can be expelled from Cyprus fairly easily if you have a MEU1, whereas you have to do something very serious to get expelled if you have a MEU3. I suspect there are others I am unaware of.
jeba

Post by jeba »

josef k wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:33 pm People often say they are the same thing, but they are not. A MEU1 lapses if you are out of Cyprus for 6 months.
How will they know?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Your passport is scanned when you come in and out of the country
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

jeba wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:24 am
josef k wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:33 pm People often say they are the same thing, but they are not. A MEU1 lapses if you are out of Cyprus for 6 months.
How will they know?
Why do you think, immigration scan your passport when entering /leaving a country?
For all those who cant be bothered to apply for the necessary documents, for one reason or another,
then be prepared for a long wait in immigration, when you are flagged up in a couple of months time, for being dodgy,
Last edited by WHL on Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

They know more than the dates you have entered or left the country. My passport was stolen about three years ago and every time I travel they question me about it!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lazydaze52 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:00 pm They know more than the dates you have entered or left the country. My passport was stolen about three years ago and every time I travel they question me about it!
Not forgetting countries share travel information

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what- ... -system_en
jeba

Post by jeba »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:13 am Your passport is scanned when you come in and out of the country
Yes, but isn't it EU law that those data will be deleted after 3 months?
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

I believe an Meu3 lapses after 2 years away from Cyprus
Last edited by chatsworth on Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I shouldn't think so, Jeba. These days information stored on computers it's easier for immigration officers to access such important information. Anyway, as long as those who are living here abide by the rules and get the correct proof of resident status here as we have been repeatably told to, immigration formalities shouldn't be a problem.

What may be more of a problem for us Brits,is that when traveling to other EU countries, we will not be able to use the EU channels when queuing at immigration on arrival at the foreign airport. We will be queuing with those from the rest of the world instead which may be a longer and time consuming experience!

Dee
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

To fulfil a majority electoral mandate I would suspect
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:29 am I shouldn't think so, Jeba. These days information stored on computers it's easier for immigration officers to access such important information.
Now I got curious and googled. Passenger data are stored for 5 years but can only be accessed
if a serious crime is suspected, such as human and drug trafficking, child sexual exploitation or money laundering as well as terrorism.
(source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 22023.html). I doubt that checking your residence status is a reason.
Last edited by jeba on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Have to agree with Lloyds last comments. What did they call us? Remoaners. :lol:
Jim.