Good riddance....finally... CMail

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Good riddance....finally... CMail

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:08 am Its obvious that those who have posted above are anti republican and the Donald.Of course everyone is entitled to their views.It just saddens me how the majority of people believe all what they read in the media or or worst still see on the BBC (The Bolshovic Broadcasting Corperation).Dont get me wrong,the BBC dont tell lies they just do not TELL THE WHOLE STORY or the other side of it.
I am fortunate enough to spend a lot of time in the US and gather info from THEIR media.Please beieve me that we,our family, have laughed many times watching TV news over there saying how they would not report THAT on the BBC.
Ok i expect to get some flack over this but like i said above " every one is entitled to their views "
I too have close family living in the states, and before this covid crises we always did a road trip across the states every year, apart from Alaska I dont think there's a State I haven't drove through and spent time in, talking to people, from all walks of life, from road sweepers to a couple of Mayor's, and to put it bluntly the majority of yanks would have trouble finding the USA on a map of the world, so don't blame the media for being anti Republicans, ive lost count when someone asked me where im from, and ive said London, many haven't a clue what country London's in, as for Cyprus forget it, the mass's have a DNA which tells them, White hat guy good, Black hat guy bad thats simply how they think,... thats how it is, no more no less.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Agree with you WHL in what you said about the general grasp of geography in the USA! I used to have in laws living in California. Even meeting some of their friends, it quickly became apparent that many of them knew very little about the rest of the world. Their horizons seemed to be Washington or New York!
When someone asked where I lived and I said Cyprus, one lady seemed to think that was a town somewhere in the USA. When I tried to explain. Yes, I was British, but I lived in Cyprus I got blank looks! Asked to explain where it was, I said it was an island in the Mediterranean Sea, no one had heard of that either!So I said it was near Africa...

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:08 am Agree with you WHL in what you said about the general grasp of geography in the USA! I used to have in laws living in California. Even meeting some of their friends, it quickly became apparent that many of them knew very little about the rest of the world. Their horizons seemed to be Washington or New York!
When someone asked where I lived and I said Cyprus, one lady seemed to think that was a town somewhere in the USA. When I tried to explain. Yes, I was British, but I lived in Cyprus I got blank looks! Asked to explain where it was, I said it was an island in the Mediterranean Sea, no one had heard of that either!So I said it was near Africa...

Dee
Good post. if I ever I said Cyprus, they either said yes Cyprus California or did not have a clue, I once lost it with a Jewish guy in a new York deli, got talking to him, and when he didnt have a clue where Cyprus was, I asked him if he knew where Israel was, sure he said, im Jewish, so Cyprus is an Island very close by says I, his face was blank, not a clue...but if you ever watch their news on TV, its about 99% about the USA, I once got complimented on my accent, heavy North London cockney, where is that accent from asked the sales lady in the store, guess I said, I know she said, your from Germany says she, I said you got it in one, say no more :shock:
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I lived in LA for 18 months, I originally come from Merseyside but most Americans thought that I was Australian, on one occasion I mentioned that I came from a town near Liverpool, is that on the east coast? no NW England where the Beatles came from, nope, oh I mean the Beadles, oh Ok.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Out of curiosity, how many people here could point out where the city of Charlotte is on a map of the USA? It has about the same population as ROC.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I would have no idea of the location
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

I know there are stupid people in ever country on the Planet, but this is so funny and to be fair, im sure you could film this in a different country and get the same result

Last edited by WHL on Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Dominic wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:55 pm Out of curiosity, how many people here could point out where the city of Charlotte is on a map of the USA? It has about the same population as ROC.
I used to live in Cary, just outside Raleigh so I certainly could :D
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Dominic wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:55 pm Out of curiosity, how many people here could point out where the city of Charlotte is on a map of the USA? It has about the same population as ROC.
I haven't checked is it, Virginia, in fact I think that its the capital of Virginia.
East coast about a third down
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Bin there, dun that! :)
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Even apart from the two senators that have not yet been elected, it is probable that a number of Republican senators will not necessarily follow the party line. A number of them do have a conscience and vote according to it; these people are not like UK party sheep! :-)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

DocDoc wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:04 pm
Dominic wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:24 pm
Jimgym wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:09 pm Looking at the vote share, 51.5% Biden to 48.5% Trump I am wondering if the USA will be as divided as ever and some wont accept the democratic result. Hopefully people are big enough to realise this is democracy in action, but history says otherwise.
Some remainers need to remember that too.
Are you stirring things? This thread is about the US Election!
When I want help moderating the forum I will ask for it.

Threads meander all the time.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Chaddy, last week, I watched loads of CNN and Fox. Two very different views. Fox is a joke in comparison to CNN
WHL

Post by WHL »

Has he gone yet? :lol:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Nope !!
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:01 amNope !!
I will ask again in a week or twos time :lol: