Rain

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Rain

Post by Devil »

This morning, we have had the first significant rain since 20 May with 4.3 mm so far. We did have 0.2 mm on 5 June but this showed only on one weather station and not on the other two, so I cannot consider it valid. I remind you that the universal northern hemisphere start date for annual rainfall is 1 October of each year.

I do not have the full results for last year because of major changes in the hardware that we use for the measurements.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Rain

Post by Dominic »

Thanks. Without this vital post everybody would have assumed it was sunny. :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Sarky bugger! :P :P I did think that some people may like to know the length of the drought.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Devil wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:49 pm Sarky bugger! :P :P I did think that some people may like to know the length of the drought.
Agree!
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Today we were trying to remember when we last had rain. We thought it was the end of May, because it was the end of May this year when we switched our irrigation, and when we were putting plants in, the ground was still damp. Thanks Devil.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:49 pm Sarky bugger! :P :P I did think that some people may like to know the length of the drought.
Have you read some of your own posts recently :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by WHL on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimX

Post by JimX »

According to local weather history it has been the hottest summer on record, as for the last real rain I think John last March, but without checking that is a bit of a guess, but not that summer heat.
Jim.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I think that I have seen mention in the Cyprus Mail, that it has been the hottest summer for a number of years. Especially in the months of July/August/September. Sorry, that I can't provide a link as don't keep, old newspapers.

I saw nothing wrong in Devil's original post. Though I think that Chloraka, where we had a thunderstorm, later followed by a real downpour, had more welcome rain that he did!

Dee
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

About an hour ago I stood out on the balcony. All the land in front and the road was wet. But our balcony bone dry. Must have been a line squall going through. Chloraka.
All things are possible