Bad News

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

Bad News

Post by Paul »

Today we had have our dog Max put to sleep, he had a brain tumor that gave him violet fits.
It was the best thing to do for him.
11100785_931625250222604_1797650902140093189_o.jpg
11100785_931625250222604_1797650902140093189_o.jpg (144.95 KiB) Viewed 4132 times
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Bad News

Post by Dominic »

Sorry to hear that.

RIP doggy.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I feel so sorry for you, you will miss Max terribly.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

So sorry to hear that. We lost Beardie at 14 1/2 over two years ago and we still miss the bugger! Somehow, I feel that losing a canine member of the family is harder than a human one – why, I know not. Unfortunately, we decided not to get another one (not really possible to replace!) because we felt that it would be unfair on the dog if we both, already in our 80s, kicked the bucket before him. If you can, I hope that you will be able to enjoy the pleasures and problems of a new companion.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

So sorry to hear the sad news about Max. He had a lovely kind face 🌈
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Bless him xx
It's a horrible situation to be in but you have to put the wellbeing of your pets before your own selfishness and not hang onto them any longer than you really should do. It's all about quality of life for them - no matter how soul destroying it is for you.

It breaks your heart and will do so for many years to come but keep those good times and great memories in the back of your mind and remind yourself often of what a fantastic time you all had together.

I'm off now because I'm getting weepy over the loss of our two - one is just coming up to the 4th anniversary of his loss, just 2 days after my dad passed away. Not a good time - but we had some great times and it's those which keep us going.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Paul and Lesley. We (animal lovers) ALL feel your pain. 💔💔💔 So so sorry for you.

I met 'Devil's dog Beardie in Mosfiloti many years ago. He was a huge big gentle hairy giant . . . . . just like his owner. 😁

Beardie reminded me of my beloved 'Sprocket' who incidentally was a X Bearded Collie. I had to make the unbearably painful decision to end Sprockets life when he was 13 years old but the poor soul was suffering too much pain for me to bear . . . .never mind him!!! 🤔

It took us 15 years before we decided to share our lives with another canine friend.

I love her to bits. . . . . . She doesn't like me! - ungrateful little bitch . . . .she Loves the bones off my husband. I am the one who looks after her every need! Her name is Lola.

Please please cry and cry openly. It is the only way to help ease your pain. Xxx

Maggie B
Moosey

Post by Moosey »

So sorry for your loss of your beautiful dog. 😢
Ancient History

Post by Ancient History »

I am so sorry. It is heart breaking. They leave such a huge hole in our hearts and lives but we cannot let them suffer. So very difficult.
Galini

Post by Galini »

So sorry to hear this, they are family and we always miss them terribly. RIP Max
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

How awful for you. It's the worst part of having pets, saying goodbye is heartbreaking. My condolences to you.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Sadly, this happens to many of us. Remember the good times, of which there were many.

Alan
JimX

Post by JimX »

I dread the day our Dachshund passes on, she is now over 13 and very slow on her short little legs, but we love her so much and I can understand just how you are feeling at the moment...very sad.
Jim.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

To love and be loved by a family pet is a wonderful experience. Sadly we often have to say goodbye, heart breaking.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Update.
We have had Max cremated, and all his stuff, Food ,leads, bed ect I have taken to Paws dog shelter so as it will not go to waste.
RIP Max
Photo0036.jpg
Photo0036.jpg (86.32 KiB) Viewed 3276 times
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Sorry to hear, we had to have our 17 1/2 year-old Lhasa put to sleep a few months ago. Always traumatic. 3 years ago, we had gotten a pup as a 'transition' as we had expected her to last only months at that time - she soldiered on - with one eye, a cataract in the other that left her almost blind, poorer hearing, back problems etc. We knew it was the right time and I am sure you will as well. Memories are what are left and I am sure those are positive, if you can step back a few weeks/months