Relocating to England

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
CYWALL

Relocating to England

Post by CYWALL »

Hi everyone,
I have sold my house here in Cyprus and buying one in England going back to live permanently. I have never been on Gesy, I have an MEU3.
Could anyone tell me if as a holder of an MEU3 and so being a Cyprus resident so to speak, would cause any problems rejoining the NHS
back in England. I know I could just tear the MEU3 up, but have reasons I would like to keep my MEU3.
Thanks for any help/advice.
PhotoLady

Re: Relocating to England

Post by PhotoLady »

We returned just over 4yrs ago after living and working in Cyprus for 12 years.
I had the health card as I paid into the social insurance funding which provided health cover and reduced priced prescriptions.
We brought our Cyprus prescription books back with us but nobody asked to see them.
I did however, contact the local medical centre by email to ask about registration once we had a date planned for our return flight.
Absolutely no problems, we just needed to confirm we had a permanent UK residential address.
The only thing different was we didn't have the MEU3 but no questions were asked about our residency in Cyprus at all.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have been told several times you have to wait 6 months to get back on the NHS system, but others did get back on immediately, so good luck to you relocating.....wild horses and all that.
Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

The minute you get back, and have a permanent UK address,
just go and register with your local GP , no waiting at all.
garry&jill

Re: Relocatingengland

Post by garry&jill »

the only problem you may encounter is if you are asked "have you been a resident in the last 12 months"
other than that shouldn't be a problem
garry
WHL

Re: Relocatingengland

Post by WHL »

garry&jill wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:20 pm the only problem you may encounter is if you are asked "have you been a resident in the last 12 months"
other than that shouldn't be a problem
garry
Its doesn't matter, I've had friends go back recently.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

It doesn't matter at all, if you are a British citizen, you register with a GP where ever you reside in the UK. We had no problems at all.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

There were no time restrictions or waiting period and other friends of ours returned a little under 2yrs ago. One of those undergoing cancer treatment in Cyprus which was continued upon returning to UK.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"