Tax form HELP!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
darrow

Tax form HELP!

Post by darrow »

I have just sat to do my tax return and can't get past the first page! It keeps saying I have to answer yes or no to, do I receive a pension or self employed . I answer yes and it ss it and won't go any further. Tried deleting and starting again. Closed it down and started again, would only accept "no" but that is not true. Grr!
trevnhil

Re: Tax form HELP!

Post by trevnhil »

OMG I really am not looking forward to doing the forms this year. It sounds pretty simple to put Yes if as you say you are receiving a pension
Trev..
emgee

Post by emgee »

I think that I have had this problem previously, so I just typed in whichever answer got me past "go". No problems with Tax Office.

Good luck.

Alan
JimX

Post by JimX »

Taxisnet.

A crazy system for me also, does not except my password or the new one they send me, only real answer is see an accountant they seem to get around this stupid tax return system.
Jim.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

The form was designed by idiots for intelligent people to complete & submit!
Miloman

Post by Miloman »

The question is "do you receive a pension from Cyprus" If you are an expat retired in Cyprus the correct answer is No. You have to read the questios very carefully. Also remember that a comma is used instead of a comma for Euros and cents.
Mike
Previously MofArodes on CL
Miloman

Post by Miloman »

Sorry "instead of a full stop" for ...
Previously MofArodes on CL
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

Miloman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:44 pm The question is "do you receive a pension from Cyprus" If you are an expat retired in Cyprus the correct answer is No. You have to read the questios very carefully. Also remember that a comma is used instead of a comma for Euros and cents.
Mike
Quite correct. Also when it comes to putting in monetary figures U just put in the Euro amount 1234 no comma full stop or cents and it accepts it
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

And if the answer is zero, put nothing at all.