MEU3 query

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
G Dog

MEU3 query

Post by G Dog »

I must apologize as this must have been discussed a thousand times. We are having to go to immigration to get the MEU3 jobby.
I am getting conflicting information about rental agreements. Can anyone tell me from personal experience whether our rental agreement needs to be signed by the Mukhtar or not.

Thanks very much.
Bindi

Re: MEU3 query

Post by Bindi »

Ours hadn’t been signed by the Muchtar, just the landlady and ourselves, and it was acceptable. A smooth and pleasant enough process even though we had to wait awhile. Don’t forget to take copies of everything.😀
G Dog

Post by G Dog »

Thank you Bindi, great help much appreciated.
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

We were there yesterday for our MEU3, our rental agreements were only signed by our landlord and ourselves and were accepted.

Take a good book with you, we waited nearly two hours!
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

We had ours done in August but are still waiting for them to come through the post. Does anyone know how long that they take to arrive?
David
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

Our application went in April 2019, don’t hold your breath, still waiting.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

That's mad and bad as well :shock:
David
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

So can I take it that everyone who has had the MEU3 interview in the past 18 months or so have not yet received their actual MEU3?
David
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Our MEU3 certificates arrived eleven days after our interview last December. We were somewhat surprised but delighted.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Received ours within a couple of weeks....
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Receiving your MEU 3 is more like wait and see. Mine took ages, over a year. The delay was compounded when although was told that it had been posted to me, it failed to arrive. In the end, I finally had to go to the court and sign a form to say that it had never arrived. Instead a certified and stamped copy of my MEU form was given to me.

Since then I have met someone else who also had to go to the court as I did to get a copy of his.
I hope that you will be more fortunate than I was.
Dee

Dee
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

We applied for our MEU3 in September 2018 still waiting for the certificate. Been to see the Officer in Charge at Paphos immigration three times and was told Yes you are in the system you will get it. Phones Nicosia immigration NO REPLY written to them NO REPLY and sent emails. We have our receipts to say we have applied and paid for them.
No hoping Wendy Nash will get them for us but not holding our breath.
What a shambles!!!
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

My MEU3 arrived in the post within three weeks of applying. To apply, I went to their local offices personally, with my wife, and with every single piece of relevant or irrelevant paper that I could find. Most of the paper ended up in the bin while I was still there; they sent everything that remained to Nicosia. Both MEU3s arrived on the same day. Why the difference? Probably because I took our lawyer with us on the day that we applied???

For me the important point was that everything was strictly in order without even a penstroke missing.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Yes, but Devil you are not dealing with Paphos administration.... 🙄
There are occasions when they seem to be a law unto themselves and interpret rules, regulations, whatever, somewhat differently to other districts.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

If it's been more than 6 months since making the application you should phone the office in Nicosia to make sure they have it & if they had, has it been approved and posted to you.
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

At last we have got our MEU3
After 2years 3weeks 4days 6hours and 5minutes we have now collected them
We applied for them in September 2018 got receipt for payment etc but no certificates
We have now collected them from ACS in Paphos.
We would like to say A Big Thank You to Wendy Nash at CRPG for finding them for us.