Doctors stop mid-operation, dress patient in operating theatre and discharge him

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Doctors stop mid-operation, dress patient in operating theatre and discharge him

Post by Paphos Life »

Unbelievable and yet a now quintessentially Cypriot thing to happen. The incident in question is that doctors at a private hospital in Nicosia stopped mid-operation, dressed the patient in the operating theatre, and proceeded to discharge him on the grounds that there were no beds available for his admittance for treatment post-op on Sunday....

Read the article and chat about it below...
darrow

Re: Doctors stop mid-operation, dress patient in operating theatre and discharge him

Post by darrow »

Well, that is absolutely disgraceful! I thought the hippocratic oath was for pledge to save lives? Why did they start the operation if there was no beds available? Poor man.
mike strand2

Re: Doctors stop mid-operation, dress patient in operating theatre and discharge him

Post by mike strand2 »

I'm inclined to believe only part of this from facebook. I say lets wait & see if the authorities do ACTUALLY investigate & we get the results.
WHL

Post by WHL »

We usually only hear bits of the story, wait until the whole story is known