Kato Paphos

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Kato Paphos

Post by Dominic »

A drive along the seafront on saturday morning, 26th September 2020 at 11AM. We also go down a couple of the side roads to see some of the ancient ruins. At the end is a clip of Geroskipou Beach.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
mike strand2

Re: Kato Paphos

Post by mike strand2 »

As empty as a cold January day!
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

Lovely. Not a single left wing demonstrator in sight ignoring and attacking the police.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

clive of payia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:03 pm Lovely. Not a single left wing demonstrator in sight ignoring and attacking the police.
Nor any right wing, unless it was that couple on Poisodonas ave :lol:
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

clive of payia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:03 pm Lovely. Not a single left wing demonstrator in sight ignoring and attacking the police.
Why did you feel the need to turn a pleasant video into a political statement? You are a sad old troublemaker
David
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Great time to come on holiday to see and appreciate all that surrounds you, I’m sure the visitors that have change their holiday destination to the island will return
Mark

Post by Mark »

Apart from Geroskipou Beach (locals?) very quiet, harbour area businesses must be suffering (apart from Banio) sad to see but a reflection of the times we are living in.

Dominic, is the camera roof mounted? Great quality video, thanks.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Uncle D wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:24 pm
Why did you feel the need to turn a pleasant video into a political statement? You are a sad old troublemaker
Thank you for this comment, it cheered me up. :)

I posted it on facebook and the response was overwhelmingly postitive, tinged with a bit of sadness from people in the UK because they couldn't be here.

On this forum, the initial response was just a couple of grumps. So thank you to you, Mark and Yioula for being non-grumpy.

And Mark, I stand on the roof of the car proudly wearing my Paphos Life onesie and holding the camera at arms length as my wife announces our presence with a loud hailer.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Does you wife need a Loud Hailer ? Mine doesn't - And make sure the coast is clear before you answer that.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I love watching these videos, a chance to appreciate how fortunate I am to live in such a beautiful part of the world. Thanks Dominic.
J B

Post by J B »

Dominic wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:03 pm I posted it on facebook and the response was overwhelmingly postitive, tinged with a bit of sadness from people in the UK because they couldn't be here.
Sort of sums up my thoughts too :oops:
J B
Ams

Post by Ams »

Thanks for the video Dominic

In reply who those who commented on how empty it was, I was down at the Harbour yesterday, snorkelling from near Bagna and walked from the main carpark. Of course it is quieter than usual, but it didn't feel too quiet, there was a fair amount of people about enjoying themselves, both locals and tourists of varying nationalities.