So easy top up

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Barandis

So easy top up

Post by Barandis »

Hi all, my Cyprus phone with so easy pay as you go has plenty of credit, the top up period ends on the 21st of this month, for obvious reasons I have not been out to Cyprus this year and want to keep my number, can anyone tell me how can I top it up from the UK and keep the number.
Regards
Barry
Lincoln

Re: So easy top up

Post by Lincoln »

The only thing I can think of is that you phone CYTA and ask them? Good luck.
All things are possible
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Contact your provider, they’ll be able to help
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

I thought that as long as you used your phone once in the period, the top up lasted another while. So try using it to dial any UK or Cyprus number. Then hang up when the phone is answered Nothing to lose.
El tel

Post by El tel »

I had this problem a couple of weeks and Cyta were very helpful. Go to their website and explain the situation and they will send you instructions on how to top up your phone . This involves using JCC and your debit or credit card and is straightforward. I have to say cyta were quick to respond and very helpful.

Terry
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I always use this on-line method to top up my PAYG phone. You need to put on at least €10 in order to extend the expiry date for a year.
https://www.cyta.com.cy/soeasy-top-up/en
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

DavidatLWH wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:37 pm I thought that as long as you used your phone once in the period, the top up lasted another while. So try using it to dial any UK or Cyprus number. Then hang up when the phone is answered Nothing to lose.
No, the expiry date remains the same. It is necessary to top-up with a minimum of €10 to extend the validity for a further year

If you have too much credit on your PAYG phone it is possible to transfer and credit another CYTA PAYG phone number.
I do this as I never use €10 in one year.
J B

Post by J B »

DavidatLWH wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:37 pm I thought that as long as you used your phone once in the period, the top up lasted another while. So try using it to dial any UK or Cyprus number. Then hang up when the phone is answered Nothing to lose.
Not true sorry - depending on how much you top up with you then get X days before the credit expires ... whether you use it or not!

Look here https://www.cyta.com.cy/soeasy-top-up/en and scroll down to 'validity period'

There is also an option, once you have logged in, to top up your phone using JCC
J B
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Why not get a friend in Cyprus to get you a top up & send you the number? We’ve done this in the past for friends.
J B

Post by J B »

Cactuslil wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:33 pm Why not get a friend in Cyprus to get you a top up & send you the number? We’ve done this in the past for friends.
Why not do it on-line?
J B
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

J B wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:36 pm
Cactuslil wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:33 pm Why not get a friend in Cyprus to get you a top up & send you the number? We’ve done this in the past for friends.
Why not do it on-line?
I didn’t know you could that🤭
Barandis

Post by Barandis »

Thank you for all the responses, I managed to top up the phone this morning by 10 euros which importantly gives me another 12 months of retaining my number, initially tried phoning to see if it was possible to top up that way, finished up in a long queue with dwindling credit so gave up, went on the live chat on so easy website and found that it didn't function very well but managed to explain my situation and was given the following instructions, go to the so easy page and buy the appropriate package, in my case 10 euros top up, given 16 digit secret number and from the chat told to dial *115* followed by the 16 digit secret number followed by# at this point having heard no message thought it had failed but on the phone screen was the new balance and more importantly the new expirey date for 12 months hence, hope my experience helps others, it wasn't as bad to do as maybe my explanation may make it sound like.

Once again thanks for the responses
Very Best Wishes
Barry
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Hi Barry
ive tried to do the same thing today, Im closer to the cutoff than you, mine goes off on the 7th October, the phone wont let me call out at the moment, Ive got my 10 euro to put on it, so Ill try and get them in chat on Monday.
See if they can help
Al
Barandis

Post by Barandis »

Hi Al, when you say the phone won't let you phone out is this because you have no credit, if you have the secret number you should be able to load the credit on the phone for no charge if you do as I did earlier, just put in star 115 followed by star then the 16 digit secret number followed by hash, hope this works for you
Regards
Barry
J B

Post by J B »

or ... alternatively .....

J B wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:02 pm
Look here https://www.cyta.com.cy/soeasy-top-up/en and scroll down to 'validity period'

There is also an option, once you have logged in, to top up your phone using JCC
J B
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Thread resurrection!

I’ve just topped up my so easy account from the UK via JCC and it was very quick and simple. Impressive!
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I find this confusing, I have been on So Easy for about 20 years and last month CYTA contacted me and said from July 2022 all credit no matter the value would only last 30 days and in August they text to say my credit, Euro 22, had expired and if I do not top up within 90 days my phone will be de-activated.

I'm back in a week so will visit them.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am with 'So Easy' and have just checked the balance on my phone. And it does not run out until July 2023
Trev..
J B

Post by J B »

glang3000 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:25 pm I have been on So Easy for about 20 years ............
Same here
glang3000 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:25 pm ............. and last month CYTA contacted me and said from July 2022 all credit no matter the value would only last 30 days and in August they text to say my credit, Euro 22, had expired and if I do not top up within 90 days my phone will be de-activated.
Nothing here (I'm in the UK), just the usual spam from Homemarket etc :lol:
J B
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

After I topped up my account with €10 yesterday, I checked the balance and it stated the expiry date was 27/08/2023