Tax form 2019

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
mike strand2

Re: Tax form 2019

Post by mike strand2 »

bromerzz wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:44 am Ask if you need help, but it is pretty simple.
I disagree!!
Viv

Post by Viv »

If anybody can help with a couple of queries re the 2019 tax return I would be very very grateful:-

Having entered the pension figures on line 1 of the GESY section and pressing Final submission there is an error saying 'Enter the figures in line 1' ?????

My other question is regarding the MOH exemption letter, as I assume if it was issued after 22nd September this year you are still eligible for the GESY contribution for the 2019 tax year.

Can anyone clarify for me please.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Did you use a comma when a full stop was required, or vice versa. ie., 12,500.00 when it should be 12.500,00

If you have an exemption certificate and the tax form will not accept the date on the certificate, enter 22 Sept 2020. Others have had the same problem and it will accept 22/09/2020 even though the Exemption Certificate has a a later date!
Viv

Post by Viv »

Thanks Mike. It accepted the figures as integers on entry, it was just when trying to submit that the system said the figures weren't there. When we tried with decimals using a comma the word Nan came up in the final column of line 1 so assumed this was an error and it did not like decimals.

Regarding the exemption certificate with an October date, even if I enter 22/9/2020, won't the tax office come back at a later stage and say tax is due for 2019?
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Viv wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:12 pm Thanks Mike. It accepted the figures as integers on entry, it was just when trying to submit that the system said the figures weren't there. When we tried with decimals using a comma the word Nan came up in the final column of line 1 so assumed this was an error and it did not like decimals.

Regarding the exemption certificate with an October date, even if I enter 22/9/2020, won't the tax office come back at a later stage and say tax is due for 2019?
I can't recall how the pages are laid out. At the top of the columns though I recall there's just a "€" in the first, then "€ c" in the others. So in first column they are looking for just a rounded figure.

Question, are you British, retired on a pension & been living here since 2018? I'm presuming YES, as you have the Certificate exempting you from paying towards GESY. If however you are working in Cyprus, then you shouldn't have obtained an exemption and you would be required to pay towards GESY is my understanding.

If your total income is over €19,500 for 2019, then yes you will have tax to pay if you have not made half yearly 'temporary tax' payments during 2019.
Viv

Post by Viv »

Yes I am retired with a UK pension but have only just applied for the exemption certificate which is dated October 2020 and valid for 4 years from the date of the letter. As this information cannot be entered in section 3 (not within the date range) it is deducting Gesy contributions for 2019 but although I deduct an amount for pension prior to 1st March in line 1a, which it accepts, when it is submitted there is an error stating please enter figures in1a.

Don't know what is wrong.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I cannot understand why there's a problem. I've been a taxpayer here since 2010 and my exemption certificate is dated 24 Sep 2020. After many 'error' notifications I took the advice of others on the forum & put 22 Sep 2020 for it to then accept. I cannot think what else you can do, other than call or visit the tax dept and ask.
Viv

Post by Viv »

Had emailed tax office last week but no reply as yet.
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Has anyone been able to print of their Completed Tax Form as my husband I'd having problems
Thank you
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Yes I printed mine , click view 2019 should show as submitted, click the document number then click view the return, which should bring up the completed return which you can then print .
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

All that's left for me to do now is pay the underpayment of temp tax paid in 2018.
Viv

Post by Viv »

My understanding is that if the MOH exemption letter states valid for 4 years and dated 2020 that it does not apply to the 2019 tax year. Can anyone clarify.
Chichi

Post by Chichi »

Hi can anyone help I have filedl in my 2019 form online, however cannot see a field to press submit? I have corrected the errors, now no errors, however cannot submit Anyone know how to submit?
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

I clicked on self assessment and it submitted it for me
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well after Trying to complete the tax forms for myself and my wife, I am getting nowhere.
I did them when they were paper forms... I did them online for the last two years.
But I have decided now is the time to get help from an accountant..
Neither my wife or myself earn anywhere near the tax limit, so neither of us pay tax..
But who do I go to... Like every pensioner I do not want to pay a fortune, but I need someone to help me..
Any suggestions would be helpful, and if you want to, just contact me by PM
Trev..
darrow

Post by darrow »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm Well after Trying to complete the tax forms for myself and my wife, I am getting nowhere.
I did them when they were paper forms... I did them online for the last two years.
Neither my wife or myself earn anywhere near the tax limit, so neither of us pay tax..
But who do I go to... Like every pensioner I do not want to pay a fortune, but I need someone to help me..
good luck with that! I emailed tax office for clarification on the 5th Oct after trying numerous times to telephone with no answer! The only time we used an accountant, the bill, 6 years later was underpaid, so we had charges as well. Never used one since. We are trying the local offices in person later this week if we don't receive a reply before then.
josef k

Post by josef k »

I don't understand why people are completing tax forms if their income is below the tax limit. There is no obligation to this year.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

When my husband reached UK state pension age the tax office told him that as it was a source of income from another country it was necessary to complete an annual Cyprus Tax Return regardless of the amount. As part of the Dual Registration Treaty he now has a NT code in the UK plus he was delighted to receive a payment from the UK for overpayment of UK tax!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Just read this on Tala Blogspot: 30 November now the deadline to submit tax return for certain categories

''Extension to the period of submission of Tax Returns of Employees and Self-Employed persons for 2019, issued today (20/10) by the Minister of Finance, Konstantinos Petridis.

Specific:

The Minister of Finance, exercising the powers conferred on him by Articles 5(1A) and 13(1) of the "Certification and Collection of Taxes Laws of 1978 to 2020", adopts the following Decree.

1/ This Decree will be referred to as the "Certification and Collection of Taxes (Extension of deadline for submission of tax return T.F.1 and Payment of Tax Due) Decree of 2020".

2/ The deadline for the submission of an electronic income statement for 2019 by employees and pensioners (Employee Tax Form 1), whose gross income exceeds €19,500, as well as the payment of the final tax due in accordance with that declaration (self-taxation) for 2019, is extended until 30 November, 2020 at 23:59.

3/ The deadline for the submission of the electronic income declaration for 2019 of a self-employed person whose turnover does not exceed €70,000 and who is not required to prepare audited accounts (Self-employed T.F.1 Form), as well as the payment of the tax due in accordance with that declaration (self-taxation), for the year 2019, extended until 30 November 2020 at 23:59.

M.D.A.''
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm Well after Trying to complete the tax forms for myself and my wife, I am getting nowhere.
Hi Trev , sorry to read you are having problems with the tax form .

The only thing different I can see with this years form is the Gesy section , so if you have done them the past few years you should be able to get through it . I am sure I or other members will try to help if you list where you are getting stuck .

Below scan of section 3 of the tax form . Red dots the questions I answered , which were accepted with no errors .
Attachments
GESY SECTION OF TAX FORM
GESY SECTION OF TAX FORM
31A395F6-3D1E-4769-BBD0-3533769C9224.jpeg (154.04 KiB) Viewed 4460 times
Last edited by Mrblobby on Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.