Stable Doors and All That

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mike J

Stable Doors and All That

Post by Mike J »

Now the dust storms have passed I start to think about maybe covering the car to save flogging to the car wash so often. Any idea where you might come by one ? Not sure I've ever seen one here though I haven't really been looking.
Thanks
Mike
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Stable Doors and All That

Post by Dominic »

We just got used to driving around in a dusty car. It's a lot easier that way. :D
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I had my car for 11yrs when we were in Cyprus - if it got washed more than half a dozen times during that period, it was damn lucky..... The extra layer of dust doubled as a great sunscreen too ;-)

Just remember, plastic disintegrates very rapidly in Cyprus and so does elastic so if you're adamant on buying a cover make sure it's a tough cookie!
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:40 pm We just got used to driving around in a dusty car. It's a lot easier that way. :D
The dust protects the paint from the sun - it is a well known fact... ;)
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Which reminds me of a classic dust covered car story... Years ago, when I was in Paphos for 3 months (early 2001 actually), my neighbours in the adjoining G/F flat had left their little Toyota outside in the rear car park, enclosed by such a weatherproof cover...

He had asked me to check all was well on my next visit, as they would be back in UK. No probs..

Released the cover and looked inside. Mushroom Farm, LOL! Honest, the whole car had mushrooms growing in it, can you believe? It later turned out that the day before they returned to UK, they'd driven to a garden centre and bought a sack of compost, ready for next Spring.

But they'd forgot to wipe the debris off the rear bench seat when removing the sack, covering the car, on a very humid day! Perfect growing conditions for mushrooms, in fact! Dark, warm, humid... Mushrooms were growing inside Arthur's car all over...

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

In fact, sometimes I think I'm a mushroom.

People keep me in the dark and feed me bullshit...
Gone but not forgotten...
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Many thanks for all the replies, sounds like I should just put my feet back up on the sofa and keep watching the Masters golf rather than covering the car. Excellent.
Mind you, home grown mushrooms might be fun.
Thanks everyone

Mike
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I was told that a covered car would attract burglars. A covered car might mean not in use, so owners not there.
Louise :)
josef k

Post by josef k »

If you don't want to go to the car wash, you could always buy a bucket and sponge. It works out cheaper and gets you off that sofa. ;)