Postal delays

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
El tel

Postal delays

Post by El tel »

Does anyone have any experience of the time taken for post To arrive from the UK at the moment ? Sent a letter to Cyprus from the UK over three weeks ago and still not arrived , is this normal ? Thanks

Terry
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Postal delays

Post by Devil »

Normal? Anything from three days to 3 years is normal! Ordinary post is typically 3 to 4 weeks plus 12 weeks leeway.
El tel

Post by El tel »

Thanks devil , that pins it down a bit ! :-)

Terry
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

There seem to be few problems regarding outbound mail arriving at the UK address.
It is the incoming mail from the UK which is so unpredictable. My sister sent me a burtday present from the UK In late May, from Amazon. It has never arrived.😂

Also since the lockdown ended, and even when normal flights restarted, it seems that Cyprus is unable to get the up to date English magazines and in particular the TV listings magazines, in timeM as it always did previously.
What use is a TV magazine which arrives 1 - 2 weeks late? My kiosk owner has rung the newspaper wholesaler, in Nicosia to ask about the constant delay to UK magazines. But nothing has changed. Except, they stick a blue label over the UK date of the magazine. This bears the date the magazine apparently arrived in Cyprus and the inflated price. But it is still out of date with TV progs of one or two weeks earlier....
Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:58 pm
Also since the lockdown ended, and even when normal flights restarted, it seems that Cyprus is unable to get the up to date English magazines and in particular the TV listings magazines, in timeM as it always did previously.
What use is a TV magazine which arrives 1 - 2 weeks late? My kiosk owner has rung the newspaper wholesaler, in Nicosia to ask about the constant delay to UK magazines. But nothing has changed. Except, they stick a blue label over the UK date of the magazine. This bears the date the magazine apparently arrived in Cyprus and the inflated price. But it is still out of date with TV progs of one or two weeks earlier....
Some genius made an invention many years ago and he called it the Internet. He then said that people living in outlying Mediterranean islands could find out what was on their television for that night and the coming week. Lo and behold, it was done and people even to this day plan their viewing on the Internet. Absolutely free of charge, into the bargain! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sued51

Post by sued51 »

Some genius made an invention many years ago and he called it the Internet. He then said that people living in outlying Mediterranean islands could find out what was on their television for that night and the coming week. Lo and behold, it was done and people even to this day plan their viewing on the Internet. Absolutely free of charge, into the bargain! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[/quote]

This is all very well if you can use the internet - my 86 year old mother has dementia and can just about manage to see what is on TV in a magazine or newspaper to ask her carer to put the right channel on the tv - we’ve had to buy a UK newspaper daily since lockdown started purely for this, with the cancellation of so many flights over the winter I’m not holding my breath for magazines to resume delivery
darrow

Post by darrow »

I sent for an item in China, trackable, on 31 8 2020. It arrived in Cyprus on the 9/9 . I still haven't got it.
darrow

Post by darrow »

I sent for an item in China, trackable, on 31 8 2020. It arrived in Cyprus on the 9/9 . I still haven't got it.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Received notification last Friday from CY PO to pick up a registered letter. I collected it yesterday from the Kissonerga postie, then checked the tracking information. It took 5 days to arrive from Heathrow postal centre to Larnaca postal centre, then another 5 days to arrive in Pafos post office. Disgraceful lethargic service here!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Do the postal service actually work weekends here, or on Friday afternoon is that the end of work until Monday morning ?
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:55 am Do the postal service actually work weekends here, or on Friday afternoon is that the end of work until Monday morning ?
Mail delivery and collection 5 times a week
https://www.cypruspost.post/en/epistoli ... eio-genika
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

WHL wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:12 am
trevnhil wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:55 am Do the postal service actually work weekends here, or on Friday afternoon is that the end of work until Monday morning ?
Mail delivery and collection 5 times a week
https://www.cypruspost.post/en/epistoli ... eio-genika
But I have had mail delivered in my box on a Saturday morning. Not often though!
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

On a positive note, a Royal Mail Track and Trace package was mailed to me from Bromley last Friday and landed Larnaca yesterday (Monday). It arrived Pafos District PO this morning (Tuesday) and is ready for signature and collection. That was pretty quick! :)
El tel

Post by El tel »

For reference my letter took four weeks to be received in Cyprus , at least it arrived.

Terry
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Went to the post office Friday morning ,there was a notice on the door saying three person only but there was at least twenty people inside .Waited out side thinking the numbers would go down but people were turning up and going straight in past the few waiting outside. Will try another day.Lefkes.
Paul

Post by Paul »

We once had a parcel from china, it took 15 days from china to cyprus and then 28 days from Larnaca to Paphos!!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Perhaps worth considering items for Christmas presents now as there is a chance they will arrive by this Christmas?