First time I could contribute to the Municipality's water problem..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

First time I could contribute to the Municipality's water problem..

Post by cyprusmax47 »

As I am divining more than 30 years in Cyprus, I was recently asked by the Deputy Mayor to try to find water in the Municipality garden, where a drilling company was not able to find anything.

So I went there and found 2 rivers below, one parallel to the road and one across the garden ending under the city hall.
Very pleased I was when reading an article in the Paphos Press yesterday that they found 5 tons/h water to irrigate the gardens in future.

https://pafospress.com/anakalyfthike-me ... aro-pafoy/

Google translation:" A large and invaluable treasure was discovered by the Municipality of Paphos under the municipal building of the city.

Specifically, according to a post by the Mayor of Paphos, Phaedon Phaedon, five tons of water were discovered in the public Garden and under the building that houses the city hall.

Due to the uninterrupted source of five tons of water, as Mr. Faidonos mentions, the Municipal Garden will now be turned into a green place with many flowers."

Max
The Aquila

Re: First time I could contribute to the Municipality's water problem..

Post by The Aquila »

Bravo Max
WHL

Post by WHL »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:00 pm As I am divining more than 30 years in Cyprus, I was recently asked by the Deputy Mayor to try to find water in the Municipality garden, where a drilling company was not able to find anything.

So I went there and found 2 rivers below, one parallel to the road and one across the garden ending under the city hall.
Very pleased I was when reading an article in the Paphos Press yesterday that they found 5 tons/h water to irrigate the gardens in future.

https://pafospress.com/anakalyfthike-me ... aro-pafoy/

Google translation:" A large and invaluable treasure was discovered by the Municipality of Paphos under the municipal building of the city.

Specifically, according to a post by the Mayor of Paphos, Phaedon Phaedon, five tons of water were discovered in the public Garden and under the building that houses the city hall.

Due to the uninterrupted source of five tons of water, as Mr. Faidonos mentions, the Municipal Garden will now be turned into a green place with many flowers."

Max
Take a Bow Max, good work
Ancient History

Post by Ancient History »

Living and working locally we always knew the water was there somewhere - well done for locating it! It will be lovely to see the gardens become green.

Out of interest, did you use copper rods or twigs...? very well done whatever method you used!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Good show. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Excellent. Well done & for all to enjoy the end result 8-)
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Wow Max, what a find! Great job locating not one but two rivers to irrigate the gardens. 👏🏻🍷
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Bravo max. A great skill.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Amazing for this cab work.... well done
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Bravo Max .....
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Ancient History wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:43 pm

Out of interest, did you use copper rods or twigs...? very well done whatever method you used!
I still use the same rods I got from my "teacher" in 1987, who taught me how to divine. They are made from simple old fashioned metal clothes hangers and one got a slightly different shape to remember left and right.

Max
Ancient History

Post by Ancient History »

Interesting that you use a ‘right’ and a ‘left’! I never knew that! Thanks and once again congratulations - we all stand to benefit!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:31 am I fully accept that water divining works Max, but as a practitioner would you like to explain in your own words how it works?
You can start in your own garden if you are able to feel terrestrial radiation. One of 10 people can do it quite easily, but it needs a lot of training to be good. I have to train every view month at existing bore holes from the Gov., p.e. near big village water tanks in order not to loose it.

So I start walking at the area people want to drill for water with my 2 old rods in my fists, holding them parallel horizontal. As soon as the two rod ends cross each other I can feel it also strong in both arms and put a marker on the ground. Then I continue 5-7 m away parallel to the last walk until I can feel another radiation and put another marker. So after 10-20 parallel tracks, with marker put, one can see clearly where the river down below flows as it forms a line which is normally quite straight. In order to drill successful for water you just take the strongest point of radiation you felt.

Since I am able to do it properly I found successful more than 200 bore holes in the last 30 years or so and always with the same rods.

The maximum time I am able to search is ca 20-30 minutes, after that time I am too exhausted and have to stop this day.

Max
El tel

Post by El tel »

It’s amazing what you can do with modern technology. :D
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:55 pm Thank you Max. That was really, really, interesting!

Which of nature's forces is responsible for causing the rods to cross? Magnetism caused by flowing water...or what?

The presence or formation of electromagnetic fields through frictional energy or through contact with differently charged rock layers can be scientifically explained.
The rod is just a kind of antenna with which the body goes into resonance with the corresponding frequencies of the disturbance, the water veins.

Max
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I remember a Cypriot man did exactly the same in our garden more than 26 years ago. We were very lucky to find water as well.
Louise :)
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:34 pm I remember a Cypriot man did exactly the same in our garden more than 26 years ago. We were very lucky to find water as well.
I wonder if it was the Cypriot who asked me that time to teach him how to do it and later on I heard he is doing it successful for a living...
Can you remember how much you payed him for the job?

Max
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:23 am
LouiseCastricum wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:34 pm I remember a Cypriot man did exactly the same in our garden more than 26 years ago. We were very lucky to find water as well.
I wonder if it was the Cypriot who asked me that time to teach him how to do it and later on I heard he is doing it successful for a living...
Can you remember how much you payed him for the job?

Max
His name was Dimitri and we did not have to pay him.
Louise :)
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Having watched welldrillers use divining rods in the past I could see that they were often successful.
Two coat hangers later I made my first rods. I have been practising around my garden and field out the back and yes I successfully see movement and crossover of the rods. Great where there are underground pipes or where my borehole sits and also where why my septic tanks are located the rods just bounce across.
Thanks Max.