COVID TEST AT CYPRUS AIRPORT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Re: COVID TEST AT CYPRUS AIRPORT

Post by Kili01 »

It all sounds like a nightmare to me!
Here in Cyprus, the Govt has published a list of approved medical centres, both public and private. In addition to the state hospitals, some of the private hospitals which have the best testing facilities in each town are included.In Paphos there are two. There is also a fixed max charge. Test results are available in 24hrs. Sometimes quicker.
Why can't the UK get its act together?

All this constant worry about about overstretched medical facilities in the UK, must be very worrying to poor patients. Does anyone know whether the vast amounts of money the Govt promised to help the NHS have actually reached it?
Why doesn't the Ministry of Health establish testing facilities for travelers all over the country with a fixed max price charged? Has any pressure been applied by those concerned to fix this situation?

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:01 am It all sounds like a nightmare to me!
Here in Cyprus, the Govt has published a list of approved medical centres, both public and private. In addition to the state hospitals, some of the private hospitals which have the best testing facilities in each town are included.In Paphos there are two. There is also a fixed max charge. Test results are available in 24hrs. Sometimes quicker.
Why can't the UK get its act together?

All this constant worry about about overstretched medical facilities in the UK, must be very worrying to poor patients. Does anyone know whether the vast amounts of money the Govt promised to help the NHS have actually reached it?
Why doesn't the Ministry of Health establish testing facilities for travelers all over the country with a fixed max price charged? Has any pressure been applied by those concerned to fix this situation?

Dee
You make some very good comments,
I think the reason its such a shambles, falls at the feet of Bozo Boris, and his Keystone Cops, advisers.
El tel

Post by El tel »

I posed the question about NHS testing as it was relevant to my own situation. I should be on a flight from Bristol to Paphos this morning but cancelled it due to virus testing . If I were to have used the NHS testing facilities the closest one is over 20 miles away and there is no guarantee I would have a place at this one and may have to travel over 40 miles.
I am happy to pay for a test but there are no private facilities available locally and my best option was to do it by post With no guarantees . Meanwhile my local doctor’s surgery are sitting on their hands So why can’t they offer the option of a test for a price .
On top of that I could have the test and then the airline cancel the flight at the last minute As easyJet did with the Wednesday flight from Bristol. Hopefully be out later this year.

Terry
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

El Tel,
Poor you, it is so frustrating. I think that WHL is right in his comment about Boris the clown (and his Health Minister).. But it's no laughing matter. Surely all hospitals have proper Laboratories, as well as the NHS ones? Why can't private facilities be used, if Govt sets a fixed (sensibly priced) cost for carrying out Covid testing?
Since I see even from here, that a spike in Covid cases is now being forecast for UK for the autumn /winter, are the NHS to be left carrying the can without sufficient help?

As well as messing up children's A level results, frustrating schools by not issuing clear guidance until the last minute, and making it difficult for anyone trying to go abroad, they still haven't got a proper track and trace going....

Dee
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

El tel

I do know that the Blue Horizon system works, two relatives of mine have already used it successfully.

Why private hospitals here are not offering the test I know not, but I think they are missing out big time. The NHS is busy enough, without testing for holidays.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

Copy is fine.
TandC

Post by TandC »

Does anyone know if you need cash for the Pafos Airport test or can you pay by debit card?
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Termites Dream - we didn't have to show our MEU1 - and we only carry a copy anyway

TandC - card is fine - and preferred
El tel

Post by El tel »

Thank you for the Comments , it is frustrating in the sense I have my own home in Cyprus and do not feel that I pose the same kind of threat as a holidaymaker in a hotel , but they are the rules and you just have to get on with it.

Terry
TandC

Post by TandC »

Has anyone travelled with Jet 2 on the basis of MEU1/MEU3 and a test on arrival. I am having difficulty getting a clear answer from them as to whether I will be allowed to board my flight without a test certificate.I dont want to be turned away at the airport!!
TandC

Post by TandC »

Has anyone travelled with Jet 2 on the basis of MEU1/MEU3 and a test on arrival. I am having difficulty getting a clear answer from them as to whether I will be allowed to board my flight without a test certificate.I dont want to be turned away at the airport!!
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

TandC, the advice Jet2 are giving out is clearly aimed at the holiday travellers and is not directed at those in your situation. Many residents having a test on arrival have already flown in with Jet2 with no problems at the airport. The flight pass has a great big red box at the top stating ‘TEST ON ARRIVAL’ so I would not worry.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Meu 1 holders are entitled.
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Does anyone know if spouses of MEU 1 holders are entitled to a test at Paphos airport if they fly in with their spouse?

Thanks