COVID TEST AT CYPRUS AIRPORT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
TandC

COVID TEST AT CYPRUS AIRPORT

Post by TandC »

I am about to book a flight with Jet 2 to pafos. I have an MEU1. Does this entitle me to be tested on arrival. I would apprecaite feedback from anypone who has travelled recently.
WHL

Re: COVID TEST AT CYPRUS AIRPORT

Post by WHL »

TandC wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:24 pm I am about to book a flight with Jet 2 to pafos. I have an MEU1. Does this entitle me to be tested on arrival. I would apprecaite feedback from anypone who has travelled recently.
If you are a Cypriot Citizen, or a Permanent resident of the Republic, you are eligible for a test when you land, all others need a test before flying.
TandC

Post by TandC »

But is an MEU 1 regarded as proof of residency?
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

We flew in on Easyjet on Tuesday from Manchester and those requiring testing at the airport had to get off the plane last. Surprisingly a number of the Cypriots on the plane were like most of the Brits and were brandishing NHS test result e-mails at Passport Control. If you can put up with the stress of waiting for your test results within the 72 hour window I would get tested before you arrive.
WHL

Post by WHL »

TandC wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:07 pm But is an MEU 1 regarded as proof of residency?
I dont think so, an MEU3 is the one you need,
TandC

Post by TandC »

If that is so it makes it a bit awkward for anybody who hasnt fulfilled the "5 years Continuous"requirement yet.
El tel

Post by El tel »

I thought the NHS tests were not allowed to be used for travel purposes. ;)

Terry
paulaf

Post by paulaf »

Most of the UK tourists coming over are using the NHS tests according to trip advisor as they can't afford private ones.
El tel

Post by El tel »

I am assuming that if you go along to a NHS test you have to declare that you think you have coronavirus symptoms not that you are going on holiday and not prepared to pay for a test ?

Terry
paulaf

Post by paulaf »

I guess or say you think you've been in close contact with a positive person so its a check for that.
harveywinning

Post by harveywinning »

I would not feel very comfortable at all about using the NHS testing facility when it is just for a holiday. It's not ethical and should only be used by those who genuinely have coronavirus symptoms.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Numerous people on various Facebook groups have confirmed they were able to have a test with an MEU1 on arrival in Cyprus.

Ian
TandC

Post by TandC »

I had heard that but I was just curious to hear from someoeone who had actually done it and whether there were any issues/points to watch.
Geertruida

Post by Geertruida »

I travelled with a MEU1 and was tested upon arrival!
Very efficient and received the result the next day.
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

My wife and I arrived today from the UK and have MEU1.

We completed the Flightpass beforehand annotating the option that we are legally entitled to reside in Cyprus.
Note this is not to say we are permanent residents.

We took the test at Paphos airport, a grand total of 3 people from a fullish flight did so, and have just received a -ve result.

Yes it cost us €60 each and we did explore and could have had the test at an NHS drive through in the UK.
We however chose not to go that route.

So holders of MEU1 are entitled to a test at Cyprus airports upon landing.

HTH
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

El tel wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:45 pm I thought the NHS tests were not allowed to be used for travel purposes. ;)

Terry
They're not - you have to lie and say you have symptoms or you have to skirt the question completely by putting "other"...
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Totally agree with El tel it’s quite unbelievable that people are abusing NHS for their own selfish needs, there are people with genuine needs that these self absorb are taking preference over, the NHS needs to change its system to 96 hours
Suetal

Post by Suetal »

Hi
I would gladly pay to have a private test or even have the option to pay the NHS for the test, however where I live there is no option but to use the NHS testing facility.
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Hi Suetal, Ignore the 'holier than thou' brigade on here and get a NHS test if it suits. I have a mate who works in one the clinical commissioning groups and the tests cost the NHS approx £6. Given the massive testing infrastructure now in place, PHE are desperate for people to be tested to improve their understanding of the spread of the virus in the wider community, they just can't be seen to be encouraging people to go abroad on the back of the test. On the application form tick other and then tick no symptoms on the drop down box (so you do not have to tell lies) and you'll get an appointment. If it makes you feel any better do what we did and make a donation to NHS Charities together.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Suetal

You can have a test done by Blue Horizon, who will post your testing kit to you, and tell you when to take the test. The day before you test, you book the courier again through Blue Horizon.

It works, yes it costs, but I too do not believe in lying to gain access to NHS facilities, it's abuse at a time when the NHS is stretched to the limit. Those who do may have a taken a test that might have saved someone else's life.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.