GPs to administer flu shots through GeSY this year

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

GPs to administer flu shots through GeSY this year

Post by memory man »

Citizens will be getting the flu shot from their GPs through the General Healthcare System (GeSY) this year.

A specific vaccination program prepared by the Ministry of Health will be followed.

It includes anyone belonging to vulnerable groups of the population, as well as people over 65 and children from 6 months to 15 years old who face chronic health problems and/or are immunocompromised.

Vaccination scheduling will be arranged by the GPs themselves so citizens should contact their practice to arrange for an appointment.

• The first batch is expected to arrive on September 30th and will include 20,000 shots.

• The second batch is expected to arrive end of October and will include about 12,500 shots.

• The third and biggest batch is expected to arrive November 15th and will include 67,500 shots.

• During the end of September, beginning of October another batch of 35,000 shots is expected – for which a different process of acquirement was followed.

• At the same time, Cyprus is taking part in the public contest by the competent European Committee and is expecting an additional 50,000 flu shots through this process too.

Elisavet Constantinou of Medical Services stated that “the quantities ordered are considered particularly satisfactory for the population of Cyprus” and that “based on procedure, there’s an option of varying the quantities by 30% so if we need larger quantities (of flu shots) we will be able to secure them”.

Vaccines “will be free for people belonging to the pre-determined categories” Constantinou said, and she reiterated that not only “vulnerable groups fall under these categories but also carers, health professionals, nursing home residents, vets, poultry farmers, slaughterhouse workers as well as other groups like people living in closed communities, i.e. new army recruits”.

It is noted that individuals who do not fall under any of the categories determined by the Ministry of Health will also be able to get vaccinated but at their own expense.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/gps-to- ... this-year/
trevnhil

Re: GPs to administer flu shots through GeSY this year

Post by trevnhil »

I have noticed when having the flu jab at the general that is is stored in a refrigerator.. i wonder if all doctors surgeries have a sterile fridge ??
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:12 pm I have noticed when having the flu jab at the general that is is stored in a refrigerator.. i wonder if all doctors surgeries have a sterile fridge ??
Why should the fridge be STERILE? :D
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Just been to the Pharmacy today to stock up on various natural supplements which I will start taking at the beginning of September in preparation for building up my immune system for the coming winter months.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Probably GP's surgeries must have a fridge as some meds need to be refrigerated to keep their potency especially in the current high temperatures.

As with the previous poster, I also buy certain vitamin and mineral supplements to help my immune system through the winter. But always get the flu jab when its offered...

Dee
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I would like to see research whether those who have previously received a flu vac are or are not more vulnerable to the effects of coronavirus.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Just to say my GP gave me this seasons flu jab at the GP's office, if you do not believe in these inoculations nobody will force you to have one, I think they work and will continue to to be treated in the hope that they do....
Last edited by JimX on Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
darrow

Post by darrow »

I am with Austin 7 on this. Never have vaccines, or antibiotics. A cold 3 times in 17 years and got over them quickly. Worst was when staying with my granddaughter and her two kids had stinkers! My came out when I got home. Normally people can be coughing and sneezing and I am not affected. I have an open mind though if thought it would help I would consider it and I understand people with compromised systems taking the vaccines.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I was laid up for seven weeks by a member here passing on a flu virus to me, again nobody will force you to have this jab, if you think it is a waste of time then just go with what you believe in, me I will continue to have this done at our GPs..next November..
Jim.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I will take my doctors advice. But previously I have had the annual flu vaccine which seems to work for me. I also have minimal side effects. Even when a Covid 19 vaccine comes available it will be a matter of time before it can be judged how effective it is and how long any immunity it may give will last. But if it is reported to help building immunity from the virus, without causing any major side effects, I will have it. I want to be able to travel again and not to have to live my life trapped in a 'bubble'.

Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

With ref to Austin7's post. I am not at all surprised that trouble is brewing over the new vaccine in The USA . As a country it is relatively common for citizens to sue using the courts over almost anything which displeases them.
Successful lawyers can earn mega bucks there for appearance in law courts. And courts can award huge sums for damages.
Dee
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Flu jab through the gesy sounds bloody sore!
JimX

Post by JimX »

Jimgward morning,

You wait until you have a camera up your old man, then tell me it smarts just a tad... :shock:
Jim.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

JimX wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:56 am Jimgward morning,

You wait until you have a camera up your old man, then tell me it smarts just a tad... :shock:
Jim, Thankfully, never so far .... most other orifices have been intruded, but that one has survived intact!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:56 pm Most Covid-19 deaths in the UK were brought about by clumsy incompetence on the part of Boris and Hancock: no reserves of PPE, extreme ongoing shortages of PPE (for both hospitals and care homes) and, tragically, old folks with Covid being seeded from hospitals into care homes without prior testing or warning. The UK elderly paid a horrendous price for government incompetence...and that had nothing at all to do with the level of winter flu jabs administered.
So take the UK totally out of the table and you still have the same trend that countries which vaccinated less have fewer Covid19 deaths per million of population. I have seen other videos that also suggest that phenomenon is likely to be experienced.

One video from a respected commentator worth watching is in the link below (July 2020) in which he starts off by recommending high uptake of 'flu vaccines but after 9 minutes concentrates on the other issue which I have tried to highlight.
Interesting video. It is just a shame that they haven't done any more tests since 2012. One study of just over 100 participants is hardly irrefutable (and to his credit, he doesn't claim it to be) but it is certainly worth taking into consideration. I'm glad I don't have to make this decision.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
wilky

Post by wilky »

Just bought Flu jabs from Maria at Mesogi crossroads 11.71 each but pharmacy's are not allowed to administer jabs fortunately we have a nurse in the family.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I did notice on previous Flue Jab visits to the General Hospital that the dose is stored in the large fridge.
Are the doses OK out in the 30 degrees we are having at the moment ..
Trev..