Late post

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

Late post

Post by Paul »

My brother sent a birthday card around the 7th of the month to us and it is still not here.
My wifes cousin sent a package three weeks ago and that is not here yet.
Is anyone else having the same problems with the post!!
Both are from the UK.
trevnhil

Re: Late post

Post by trevnhil »

I have a package coming by Royal Mail.. I assume when in Cyprus it will be dealt with in the postal system. I ordered it on the 7th of this month and had a message yesterday to say it would be delivered by 8pm ... Hopefully I will get it next week
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

We send alot of post to the UK, we go to the main post office as soon as they open, on a Monday morning, and its delivered by the weekend
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think the original poster was referring to delays in post coming FROM the UK to Cyprus... not the other way around ..
Trev..
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

mouse wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:28 pm Well if a bills can't get from the EAC or CYTA to Chloraka before final payment date then not much point in using it.
Get them on line
Dominic
Site Admin

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

We just received a postcard sent in the beginning of March from Australia.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dominic.
We just received a postcard sent in the beginning of March from Australia.
Thats a hell of a long walk for the post donkey!!
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Friday got a picture postcard from Switzerland posted 12th August. Can't complain!
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

There aren’t as many planes coming in and out...so things are going to be slower
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And yet as HIC has posted, he sent a box to the UK on a Monday and it was delivered on a Friday
Trev..
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

Just as an aside, I ordered from a company in Germany, they were a shambles but that is not the story, They eventually sent the parcel to DPD [ I assume Deutche Post ]. DPD claimed that they had to register the shipment for Airfreight to a postcode and they did not recognise ours. Despite all efforts the parcel sat there until they were contacted by the sending company and agreed to deliver if , via DHL to the DHL centre in Paphos where I had to go to pick it up. How can they not recognise a legitimate Cyprus Postcode ?
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I had the same problem once from a German firm that said they did not recognise my address and asked me to put in a correct one.
It is the one we have been using for years here and how can you change it if it is correct.
Eventually they said they would send it at my risk... It did get to me as 99% of other post and parcels do
Trev..
Galini

Post by Galini »

I think there are delays at both ends as I find the post is very hit and miss.
I had mail delivered on Tuesday (18th) that has a Royal Mail postmark date of 14th August while still waiting for something posted to me from a different part of UK on 29th July.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Aargent wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:57 am How can they not recognise a legitimate Cyprus Postcode ?
Is it actually a legal requirement to have a postcode?

I have been having an awfully difficult time with a company in UK proving my ID & address. I eventually had sent to me by post an original bank statement. They refuse to accept this because it doesn't state my postcode! The letter received from them to tell me this, naturally does have my postcode!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well I just assumed that everyone in Cyprus had a postcode. In our case it is 8549.. But all it tells anyone is that we live in Polemi Village... It can be further complicated as the track to our house does not have a name.. So we cannot tell anyone what road we live on... And of course because we are 'outside the village' we have a post box number...
But in reality it is not a problem at all .... Mail always gets to our post box, or if it is too big then the postman will message me to say he has a packet for me to collect..
If it is any of the couriers then I have incorporated my phone number into my address, and they ring me. Because directions to our house may be complicated, I just meet them in the village, or at Stroumpi Petrol station
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have never personally used CY in my address when sending for anything from abroad.. But it has 95% always got here
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Same as Trev, never ever put CY and lucky me we always have received post. All post goes to our P.O. Box, if there is a large package we find a slip in the P.O. Box informing us to collect.
All things are possible
memory man

Post by memory man »

so, does that mean if you put CY8510. you don't have to write CYPRUS?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I have always prefixed the postal code with the country's letters, even with GB-, but always with the hyphen. If you do not do it, then you should write out the country name in full at the end of the address. If you do it, there is no need to write out the country name because it is an international convention. The hyphen is necessary because the UK system and similar with letters needs the separator.

CY-1234 townname OR
1234 townname, Cyprus

GB-AB1 23C
Last edited by Devil on Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

DPD sent a list of Postcodes to which they were prepared to send to but they were all Paphos Town the DHL office they eventuall sent to is 8010 but no CY in front of it written as Devil suggested , which is the method I originally used used 8723 Theletra CYPRUS.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum