easyJet airport closures announcement 17/08/2020

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PhotoLady

easyJet airport closures announcement 17/08/2020

Post by PhotoLady »

easyJet closing flights from several UK airports.

Full press release here, the link I posted last night doesn't take you directly to the article and I didn't have time to copy and paste the full text:

easyJet has confirmed that the closure of its bases at London Stansted, London Southend and Newcastle will go ahead following the completion of its collective consultation process.

As a result flights due to operate to and from London Southend Airport from 1 September 2020 will be cancelled. We will also be cancelling some flights to and from London Stansted and Newcastle, however these airports will remain part of easyJet’s route network and so flights on a number of routes will continue to operate. These are:

Newcastle to Bristol, Belfast and Nice
London Stansted to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast and Amsterdam
We understand the uncertainty this may cause our customers due to travel to and from these airports and we would like to reassure customers we are we contacting those whose flights are impacted with clear guidance on their options, which include:

Switch to another easyJet flight for free of charge*. Flights are currently available to book up to 30 September 2021, giving customers plenty of opportunities to fly with us at a later date. If customers still wish to travel to their destination at this time, they can also transfer to a flight to or from an alternative nearby airport and they can search for available alternative flights. Customers can search for available easyJet flights and rebook through Manage Bookings. If customers transfer their flight and need to make part of their rebooked journey via train, bus or hire car, to get to your destination, we will also reimburse these costs.** For more information on these options and changing plans, customers can visit our delays and cancellations page.
Claim a voucher for the full value of their ticket. The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and gives you the flexibility to book travel to anywhere when they are ready to fly. Customers can request a voucher online via Manage Bookings.
Request a refund, which customers can also do online via Manage Bookings.
We would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience this may cause.

easyJet remains committed to its UK operations which remain its largest. The airline will continue operate at eight UK bases, serving over 490 routes and flying more than 52 million customers in the UK annually.

*Excludes route changes to/from Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Morocco.

** Alternative transport must be under comparable transport conditions to your destination and you will be entitled to claim reasonable transport costs back. Please ensure you obtain an itemised receipt, for more information on how to claim back expenses or for further help please refer to our expenses page, alternatively, you can contact us.

ENDS
Link to easyJet media centre and all press releases
https://mediacentre.easyjet.com
Last edited by PhotoLady on Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
mike strand2

Re: easyJet airport closures announcement 17/08/2020

Post by mike strand2 »

easyJet has today confirmed that the closure of its bases at London Stansted, London Southend and Newcastle
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Thank good news that Bristol is still one of their bases. During the lockdowns and until this week there were very few from Paphos to Bristol and sometimes individual flights were subsequently cancelled by EJ. I had 3 of my previously booked flights canceled.
It was a nightmare as neither Bristol or Birmingham had any flights, thus making direct travel to West Midlanda and SW England impossible.

Dee
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I have a friend who flies through Exeter, not sure what company though
David
El tel

Post by El tel »

Exeter is my local airport , there are currently about three flights a day and no international ones when I last looked . It has been devastated by the loss of Flybe .

Terry
El tel

Post by El tel »

Just checked flights today from Exeter and there are three international flights , an improvement over recent months .

Terry
J B

Post by J B »

Article in my paper today about it being bad news for Eddie Stobart - who would have thought it, but the provide handling services etc at these airports.

We don't really realise the knock on effects. :(
J B