New street lights

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

New street lights

Post by Paul »

We have had new street lights put up in our village.
There a new led type and are very bright and direct the light down on to the street.
IMG_20200814_090935.jpg
IMG_20200814_090935.jpg (60.77 KiB) Viewed 3123 times
Lincoln

Re: New street lights

Post by Lincoln »

Same here in Chloraka. The lane is well lit now.
All things are possible
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Same here, it’s like a football pitch
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Galini

Post by Galini »

They have changed the ones near me too. Yes a Nice light street,
but,
gone is any chance of relaxing with a nice drink looking at the stars on these summer evenings :cry:
That's the price of progress sadly.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Same here in Kamares , must have cost a lot , I wonder how long it will take to get their money back in the savings from the amount of electricity used ?
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I'm still waiting for the EAC to come & replace the 100W bulb outside my house. Reported in March & again in June!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I often find the streets of Paphos are poorly lit with the old light bulb type, leaving big pools of blackness between the lamp posts. The new lights are incredibly bright by comparison, but their light distribution is much better. I dislike the overbright LED lights that some cars have been fitted with, sometimes the vehicles seem to be a blaze of lights at their front end.
Sometimes I think that some of the drivers don't think of dipping their headlights when in traffic and if you're wearing glasses the lights tend to dazzle you. Ditto when cars ablaze with these lights are virtually tailgating your car.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

They are in Polemi too.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Beachchef

Post by Beachchef »

Wish I could get hold off the very old metal ones they are taking down managed to get 6 when they did our village 15 years ago
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/energ ... ulator.php

The return on the cost of replacing old type of lamps with LED is relatively quick , Many countries changing to LED lighting better dispersion brighter output for less wattage rating
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:58 pm I often find the streets of Paphos are poorly lit with the old light bulb type, leaving big pools of blackness between the lamp posts. The new lights are incredibly bright by comparison, but their light distribution is much better. I dislike the overbright LED lights that some cars have been fitted with, sometimes the vehicles seem to be a blaze of lights at their front end.
Sometimes I think that some of the drivers don't think of dipping their headlights when in traffic and if you're wearing glasses the lights tend to dazzle you. Ditto when cars ablaze with these lights are virtually tailgating your car.

Dee
Like you I was dazzled by the cars with LED lights as I wear specs. So I have purchased a set of specs that fit over mine. They are yellow lenses and stop the glare at night. Well worth it. I got them from a stall in the Duck Pond.
All things are possible
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

They have changed the ones on my street as well but because they are directional and my house is above the lamp the sky is now brilliant. Nebulas and fainter stars are much clearer and some visible with the naked eye.

Really great change so well done to the local council.