Mask Fine

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Mask Fine

Post by WHL »

My wife was in a shop today , she was wearing a mask the shop keeper was wearing a mask, one other chap not wearing a mask, door swings open, Policeman walks in looks around, asks for his ID, issues him with a ticket, and then walks out to the next door shop, 300 big ones, no messing around :shock:
mike strand2

Re: Mask Fine

Post by mike strand2 »

Interesting that doctors don't seem to want to! It's keeping their necks warm, as though that is necessary, unless the ac is set too low. :D :D
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I was in a doctors surgery early this afternoon with my wife.. We bot had masks on as had the receptionist.
In walked a lady and told the receptionist her name and that she was here for an appointment and then she sat down...
But she had no mask on at all... i really thought the receptionist should have mentioned this to her..
But nothing was done
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:17 pm I was in a doctors surgery early this afternoon with my wife.. We bot had masks on as had the receptionist.
In walked a lady and told the receptionist her name and that she was here for an appointment and then she sat down...
But she had no mask on at all... i really thought the receptionist should have mentioned this to her..
But nothing was done
Our Dr won't let you in the place without a mask, went to pick up some X rays, a week or so ago, thought I would just pop in and out, the receptionist sent me out with a flee in my ear, told me to go and get a mask, luckily I always have a couple in the car
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

My dentist also insists on all patients wearing a face mask at all times when at the clinic apart from when in the dentist's chair. It did feel strange to be so close to another person (the dentist) after months of social distancing but you can only hold your breath for so long.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

A copper walked in one the bars in Paphos and asked one of the bar staff if the owner was available. The staff replied, today is his day off but your lucky he’s sat outside with his wife having a drink. The copper fined him €500 for not wearing a mask!! When he said he wasn’t going to pay and he’ll go to court the copper replied “it’ll take three years to get to court and it doubles every week you don’t pay”.

Another bar had a staff member just finish work and the new staff had already taken over. She sat down outside the bar, took off her mask and had a drink before going home. Plain clothes coppers were also sat in the Bar and slapped a €500 on her too!

Does anyone else think the police were being a little overzealous here?
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

The Aquila wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:15 pm A copper walked in one the bars in Paphos and asked one of the bar staff if the owner was available. The staff replied, today is his day off but your lucky he’s sat outside with his wife having a drink. The copper fined him €500 for not wearing a mask!! When he said he wasn’t going to pay and he’ll go to court the copper replied “it’ll take three years to get to court and it doubles every week you don’t pay”.

Another bar had a staff member just finish work and the new staff had already taken over. She sat down outside the bar, took off her mask and had a drink before going home. Plain clothes coppers were also sat in the Bar and slapped a €500 on her too!

Definitely
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Aquila wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:15 pm A copper walked in one the bars in Paphos and asked one of the bar staff if the owner was available. The staff replied, today is his day off but your lucky he’s sat outside with his wife having a drink. The copper fined him €500 for not wearing a mask!! When he said he wasn’t going to pay and he’ll go to court the copper replied “it’ll take three years to get to court and it doubles every week you don’t pay”.

The fines do not double every week, if you dont pay.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I’m just repeating what the bar owner told me the Police told him!
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Aquila wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:29 pm I’m just repeating what the bar owner told me the Police told him!
Mate its not Rocket science to relise its a lot of waffle, who ever started the rumor?

Only after a couple of months the unpaid fine would be about thirty grand, after three years it would be in the millions :o
kansas

Post by kansas »

We were at our rheumatologist's clinic this morning and one of the doctor's came out and told a patient to put a mask on and, yes, he was wearing a chin mask!
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

my daughter is a teacher in England and I asked would she be wearing a mask the same as the pupils when they return to classes and she said they have been told no masks for teachers !!! I know two people working in a bar fined 300 each for not wearing a mask properly ie only the mouth and just under the nose
memory man

Post by memory man »

I was at the dentist this morning, and while I was waiting
2 patients came in ( not together ) a few minutes apart.
Both were not wearing masks. The man just laughed when
the receptionist asked if he had a mask, and he said no.
She went into a drawer and gave him a mask.
The woman said she left her mask in the car, so the receptionist
also gave her one from the drawer. I think they should have
been charged for the masks.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

WHL wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:54 pm
The Aquila wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:29 pm I’m just repeating what the bar owner told me the Police told him!
Mate its not Rocket science to relise its a lot of waffle, who ever started the rumor?

Only after a couple of months the unpaid fine would be about thirty grand, after three years it would be in the millions :o
I am well aware of that but what part of “I’m just repeating what the copper told the bar owner” can’t you understand!?

It’s no wonder people stop posting when you seem to want pick everyone up on anything they say.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

kansas wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:45 pm We were at our rheumatologist's clinic this morning and one of the doctor's came out and told a patient to put a mask on and, yes, he was wearing a chin mask!
Considering some of the rheumatologists patients are on immune suppressant therapy, it’s vital that this clinic obeys the rules 😡
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Aquila wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:21 pm

I am well aware of that but what part of “I’m just repeating what the copper told the bar owner” can’t you understand!?

It’s no wonder people stop posting when you seem to want pick everyone up on anything they say.
Just because you hear something, it dostnt mean you have to post it,
Are you seriously saying I or anybody else, should of simply ignored what you posted, when it was so ridiculous, isnt that what forums are for, I or you post something and the next person, replys
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

WHL wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:32 pm
The Aquila wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Just because you hear something, it dostnt mean you have to post it,
Are you seriously saying I or anybody else, should of simply ignored what you posted, when it was so ridiculous, isnt that what forums are for, I or you post something and the next person, replys
Sorry, I must have missed the post where Dominic made you a moderator or admin!

Put this in the pit now Dom, I mearly posted it as an example of how over zealous some police are being over the situation.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:59 pm And this takes some beating. This morning a guy rings me up and asks whether I could meet him at our shop, as he was interested in a safety fence. I said I could meet him in 5 mins. Drove to the shop, put my mask on, went inside and sat waiting. A few minutes later a guy in what looks like Police uniform enters the shop. At first I assumed he was a Policeman, but closer inspection of his badges revealed he was a traffic policeman. He was not wearing a mask, but didn't seem fazed by the fact that that I was, and he wasn't. I actually expected him to apologise, rush outside and get a mask, but no. We engaged in conversation for 10 mins, then off he went.

I wonder what the outcome would have been had a proper Policeman come in to inspect the premises while his 'colleague' was in the shop 8-)
I would have insisted he either a) put on a mask and have the meeting inside or b) have the discussion outside and keep a distance.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Sadie wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:22 pm
kansas wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:45 pm We were at our rheumatologist's clinic this morning and one of the doctor's came out and told a patient to put a mask on and, yes, he was wearing a chin mask!
Considering some of the rheumatologists patients are on immune suppressant therapy, it’s vital that this clinic obeys the rules 😡
Which is why I won't be going back there (opposite Paps). No regards to the rules that even shops have to follow.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Out and about this morning. Good to see people out walking wearing masks. Went into Slavenikis(spelling), everyone had a mask on.
All things are possible