Lidl

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Polly

Lidl

Post by Polly »

I was in Lidl yesterday in the Polis road and they are moving/have moved most of the products around. Good luck!
poolriver

Re: Lidl

Post by poolriver »

Polly wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:13 pm I was in Lidl yesterday in the Polis road and they are moving/have moved most of the products around. Good luck!
Yes noticed last week much better layout.

Jim.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, it must be company policy, as they did this at Lidl, Polis Rd last Monday. I like the new layout, except that milk/ dairy products etc are now on the back wall of the shop. It seems a long way if you're only buying some milk!

Dee
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Polly wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:13 pm I was in Lidl yesterday in the Polis road and they are moving/have moved most of the products around. Good luck!
Again? They moved almost everything about 2 weeks ago after closing the store one afternoon. Personally I hate it. All the fruit and veg is crammed in one little corner, they’ve got the same product groups in the fridges twice in completely separate places, some other stuff is spilt across different isles and they seem to have crammed stuff on the end of the aisles so it feels like there’s less space to queue your trolley without backing up into an aisle. For me, it just doesn’t flow.

My wife thought it was ok to start with and now is coming round to agree with me.

There are bigger problems in the world to worry about, and I can laugh at myself for being so irritated, but twice now I’ve come away forgetting things we need because of the layout .

Ian
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

You now go around in a circle (Fruit & Veg) and increase numbers trying to enter the store, plus there's a dead end aisle which means a small space to turn around, particularly during these Covid-19 social distancing times. Personally I think it's a big mistake by the store planner.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

PolemIan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:00 pm I’ve come away forgetting things we need because of the layout .
Ian
You see, this is their new policy to help you save money by forgetting to buy things :-) :-) :-)
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Devil wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:40 pm
PolemIan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:00 pm I’ve come away forgetting things we need because of the layout .
Ian
You see, this is their new policy to help you save money by forgetting to buy things :-) :-) :-)
I think I can cope with the extra cost, well I guess it’s not extra if you planed to buy it in the first place, as a trade off for the annoyance.

Ian
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Yes,my previous career was in marketing and presenting a product or service to get you to BUY.I can assure you that lidl are like any other large business brilliant in getting you to part company with your money.And good on them that is business.
I remember once moving a counter six foot from one place to another at a different angle and the sales on this product increased by 50%..The client was say to the least....highly delighted.
Why, as Polly says have Lidl moved everything around.
Oh,and a night club once asked me how could they get their customers to buy more drinks.I suggested that their staff never say to a customer are you having ANOTHER drink.say would you like a drink.....good result.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Anyway, nothing we say on here will make a difference to LIDL.
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

I worked for one of the big Supermarkets in the UK and they use to change things around to hope that whilst looking for what you wanted you would see something else that took your eye and would buy it.
Bread and milk always at the back of the store so you had to walk right through and maybe see something else to buy.
I personally think Lidl's now is awful especially the fruit and veg. Trying to keep your distance from other customers is impossible there as you cannot even get near the item you want, as there are trollies and people in the way.
I went yesterday and only got half of what I needed as couldn't find things.
Ended up in Paps!!!
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

You never know, they may get it right, Lidl by Lidl!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Kili01 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:54 pm Yes, it must be company policy, as they did this at Lidl, Polis Rd last Monday. I like the new layout, except that milk/ dairy products etc are now on the back wall of the shop. It seems a long way if you're only buying some milk!

Dee
The milk and dairy used to be across the entire back wall before a previous rejig of the layout.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
WHL

Post by WHL »

mouse wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:59 pm Perhaps with this move round they could now put the price labels below the item , the same as the rest of the known universe
There a reason shops do this, you instantly think the item costs X but you will be paying Y, usually more.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

WHL wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:32 pm
mouse wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:59 pm Perhaps with this move round they could now put the price labels below the item , the same as the rest of the known universe
There a reason shops do this, you instantly think the item costs X but you will be paying Y, usually more.
So many people don't even take the receipt, let alone check it.
I always count the change and check receipt before leaving the store.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Why do supermarkets move things around?
The main reason however is because people are creatures of habit. They will tend to come in and go right for what they are looking for and skip much of the rest of the store. By moving things around, it forces customers to look and explore the shelves.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

WHL wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:54 pm Why do supermarkets move things around?
The main reason however is because people are creatures of habit. They will tend to come in and go right for what they are looking for and skip much of the rest of the store. By moving things around, it forces customers to look and explore the shelves.
Exactly :roll:
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi Chaddy, Yes I have in fact worked that out for myself! Have now got used to their new layout, so am more or less back to taking a direct route to find things that I need!
Bur when I was in store yesterday, I heard others complaining about it! As people do...
I am trying to stop my tendency to impulse buy, as my cupboards and shelves are full..

Dee
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:45 pm Hi Chaddy, Yes I have in fact worked that out for myself! Have now got used to their new layout, so am more or less back to taking a direct route to find things that I need!
Bur when I was in store yesterday, I heard others complaining about it! As people do...
I am trying to stop my tendency to impulse buy, as my cupboards and shelves are full..

Dee
I think 99.99% of us impulse buy when shopping at a large store.I would say when going into Jumbos it a zillion percent :?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:42 am
Kili01 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:45 pm Hi Chaddy, Yes I have in fact worked that out for myself! Have now got used to their new layout, so am more or less back to taking a direct route to find things that I need!

Dee
I think 99.99% of us impulse buy when shopping at a large store.I would say when going into Jumbos it a zillion percent :?
My wife is the champion for buying stuff you dont need from Jumbos, taking it home and shoving it under the sink cupboard, and then taking it still in the boxes , to the local charity shops, a few months later, so she can make some more room under the sink, so she can go through the process yet again, there must be a medical term for it. :shock:
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I hate shopping and particularly supermarket shopping but supermarket shopping with my other half drives me crazy....

I just want to get what we need and dodge off down the aisle to grab it while he will systematically work his way up and down each aisle from start to finish.

The good thing about this pandemic and having brittle asthma means my other half decided it was better I don't go with him to do the main supermarket shop and since March, I've only been to Morrisons on a couple of occasions.

I will go to Lidl or Aldi with him as we don't do our main shop there and usually going for specifics such as spices and loo roll with a quick scout to see if they have some different gins or beers.

Milk in them all is well inside the store, just as it is in our local Co-op and Spar in the village. Bread in both of these though are closer to the doors and the tills.

We have the same large stores in nearby towns and the layout is always the same no matter which town, with the exception of Spar.

Booths however is a breath of fresh air. Well spaced out aisles, very different products and many locally produced. It comes at a price - a bit like shopping in Aldi vs M&S food shopping but nice for a change.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"