Latest Official details on categories A, B and C and required precautions

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Latest Official details on categories A, B and C and required precautions

Post by Devil »

11-08-2020 18:46
Epidemiological risk assessment of countries in relation to the COVID-19 disease dated 11/8/2020

In the context of the regular epidemiological risk assessment of countries with regard to the COVID-19 disease, the following modifications are made concerning the categorization of the countries below:

Poland is moved from Category A to category B.
Portugal is moved from Category C to Category B.

It should be noted that passengers coming from Category B countries are required to have undertaken a laboratory test at least 72 hours prior to departure and to possess a Certificate showing negative PCR examination to the virus.

Αt the same time, it should be clarified that passengers from Category B countries who fall into the following categories may carry out a molecular examination upon their arrival in the Republic.

a) Cypriot citizens and members of their families (their alien spouses, under-age children and parents),

b) all those legally residing in the Republic,

c) persons entitled to under the Vienna Convention,

d) persons, irrespective of nationality, whose countries of residence do not provide a laboratory testing service (public or private) to those wishing to travel to the Republic of Cyprus according to a relevant announcement.

It should be noted that the persons concerned shall have to cover the examination cost themselves and such persons shall remain in house isolation until the examination results are known.

The above country assessment shall take effect as of Friday, 14 August.

It should be clarified that the categorization of August 4, 2020 shall continue to be in force for all other countries.

­­­­­­­­­­­­
galexinda

Re: Latest Official details on categories A, B and C and required precautions

Post by galexinda »

Often think that if everyone from Category B was required to have the test at the point of departure then it would be far safer for all passengers and employees they come in contact with on their journey, let alone those they will encounter when they arrive.

At least the Cyprus officials would start off from an even playing field knowing that everyone had been able to show proof of a negative result at some point in the previous 72 hours of the flight departure time.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, that would be the ideal scenario, if in our case the British Govt, Ministry of Health would set up testing centres at all UK airports, where all passengers could be tested on their arrival at the airport of departure. Obviously with somewhere near by where tests at reasonable cost could be paid for by individuals using it.

In a way I'm surprised that no one has suggested it.

Dee
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Far too sensible idea for our government to come up with..............................My wife picked up something else on the Cat B treatment whereby if anybody tests positive on arrival at Paphos, all the passengers on the plane have to quarantine for 14 days. If true, it just adds another tier of risk for anybody coming from the UK who are already paying out £150 each to get a private test before flying,that's ignoring the stress of having to get the results and fill in the flight pass 24 hours before departure.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Princebytor wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:34 pm Far too sensible idea for our government to come up with..............................My wife picked up something else on the Cat B treatment whereby if anybody tests positive on arrival at Paphos, all the passengers on the plane have to quarantine for 14 days. If true, it just adds another tier of risk for anybody coming from the UK who are already paying out £150 each to get a private test before flying,that's ignoring the stress of having to get the results and fill in the flight pass 24 hours before departure.
Not quite correct, only those passengers sitting within 3 metres of the infected person have to quarantine. It happened to a family who are currently on holiday here in Paphos.
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Cheers Jim.........reduces the risk somewhat.
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Good point Princbytor. I've just cancellled my 4th trip to Cyprus and transferring flights to next year. Knowing my luck I would be sitting within 3metres of the infected person. So unlucky when my boat comes in I will be at the airport 😅
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Yes bren, we're on to our fourth change and weighing up whether to risk it or not....................
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

It is difficult. Just looking forward to April 2021.🤞🤞
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

galexinda wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm Often think that if everyone from Category B was required to have the test at the point of departure then it would be far safer for all passengers and employees they come in contact with on their journey, let alone those they will encounter when they arrive.

At least the Cyprus officials would start off from an even playing field knowing that everyone had been able to show proof of a negative result at some point in the previous 72 hours of the flight departure time.
It is very easy to have your test done in The Netherlands, there are many labs you can have the test done.
Louise :)
dodo

Post by dodo »

I get Cyprus government web updates and yesterday received the latest and the following has been added

All travellers should be aware that if other passengers on your flight subsequently test positive on arrival to Cyprus, you may be subject to further quarantine/self-isolation measures. These will be mandatory and you should comply with the Cypriot authorities’ requirements.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And this surely is why it makes sense that ALL travellers provide a negative result BEFORE travelling..
Trev..
El tel

Post by El tel »

I have just cancelled my easyJet flight from Bristol for the end this month , a decision had to be made 14 days before to be able to change the flight free of charge. Have left the return Flight unchanged for the moment just in case The UK Changes to category A in early September.
It is frustrating that living in the SW of England we have had the lowest number of cases and have had no deaths in the last few month plus they are not even any corona virus cases in our local hospitals.
I can fully understand people’s concern in Cyprus in letting tourists from the UK in but it is very disappointing. Funnily enough I am more concerned about my car in Cyprus than I am my apartment. ;)

Terry
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

As a member of EJ's frequent flyers club we can change flights within the 14 days which we have been doing so far. Like you we fully respect the stance taken by the Cypriot authorities and the deaths/case numbers from the UK do not make pleasant reading. However the impact of the virus has been very polarised over here, personally within my circle of family, friends and work colleagues I have not come across anybody who has had the virus yet.....................thankfully !!!!
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

If you are being “repatriated “ to Cyprus you don’t need a test until you land, last week on a flight a Cypriot tested Covid positive!!! therefore it should be mandatory that ALL should have a negative test certificate before boarding
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Yioula

Indeed, this would have prevented at least thirty infections in Cyprus.

I understood that tourists from the UK must provide a dated, certified, negative test taken 72 hour prior to their flight. If so, surely that should be sufficient. This test will cost me £165.00.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Jackie,
Tourists are required to get their covid tests done and have a negative test before flying.
The rules for Cypriots and those who are legally resident here are different. End of.

The Cyprus Govt sets the procedures followed.
Dee
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dee

I am fully aware of that, your point is ?

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.