Mask Watch

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Mask Watch

Post by Dominic »

Went to Lidl Mesogi and One Stop DIY this afternoon. Didn't see a single person who wasn't wearing a mask indoors, and they were being worn properly too.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Re: Mask Watch

Post by Kili01 »

When out yesterday, in Papas, Ellados Ave. I did notice a few people wearing 'chin masks', just below their noses. But most people were properly masked. At Lidl, the security man who is always at the entrance to the store was telling customers to wear their masks.
I hope that everyone is sensible regarding this rule as we don't want the virus to spike here in Paphos they way it has in Limassol.
It only takes a few Irresponsible idiots to cause the virus to take hold.
I hope that tourists coming here on holiday will also follow the rules too.
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Bakery today all staff and all customers wearing masks correctly, went next door to the bank, an old boy and me waiting to go in, buzz the door, a guy opens the door says to me to enter, wouldn't let the old boy in, because he didnt have a mask, a bit of an argument, heard by the bank manager who came to the door and gave the old boy a mask, well done him.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Good to hear, but don't forget that if you see somene without a mask they may well be medically exempt from wearing one.
kansas

Post by kansas »

If they are medically exempt, it may be best to get a GP's note.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I must admit that with all the threads on here about wearing masks this is the first time I have seen mentioned that you can, or should, get a medical note to prove you don'e have to wear one

\
Trev..
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

At East Midlands Airport they are giving people who are exempt a green lanyard to wear that signifies a hidden disability which seems a good idea then there is no confusion.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

brengreen wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:20 pm At East Midlands Airport they are giving people who are exempt a green lanyard to wear that signifies a hidden disability which seems a good idea then there is no confusion.
Green lanyards with sunflowers 🌻😊
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
memory man

Post by memory man »

Wearing a mask for me is a two-fold bonus.
It hopefully helps in this pandemic situation,
and also, as I have just broken my denture
and it has to be sent away for repair until
Monday, it conceals my gummy look.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

kansas wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:39 am If they are medically exempt, it may be best to get a GP's note.
They may well have a note, and it's up to shop owners or police to check the validity of it, not the general public. My point is that we can all be a bit quick to judge and sometimes be wrong in our assumptions. These are stressful times.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Jim, absolutely it should be made available to the shop, bar owners. etc. if requested. I wouldn't assume anything in these stressful times and certainly wouldn't question anyone. There are lots of reasons why some people can't wear masks........
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

kansas wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:40 am Jim, absolutely it should be made available to the shop, bar owners. etc. if requested. I wouldn't assume anything in these stressful times and certainly wouldn't question anyone. There are lots of reasons why some people can't wear masks........
Exactly. I sometimes have to check myself when I see people without masks, then remember there could be a good reason. I yearn for the time when things are back to normal. This has been one hell of a year and it's not over yet!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgym wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:05 pm
kansas wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:39 am If they are medically exempt, it may be best to get a GP's note.
They may well have a note, and it's up to shop owners or police to check the validity of it, not the general public. My point is that we can all be a bit quick to judge and sometimes be wrong in our assumptions. These are stressful times.
Shop owners do not have the responsibility or the authority to check anyone entering their stores, regards if they have an exemption note.
boycott

Post by boycott »

WHL wrote - Shop owners do not have the responsibility or the authority to check anyone entering their stores, regards if they have an exemption note.

However the shop owner(s) can refuse entry to whoever they like, so no mask means no entry unless the non mask wearer produces an exemption certificate!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Boycott

Totally agree, there is a sign on the door of one shop here, which states, "No Mask, No Entry". Simple but effective message.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

At the main Alpha Mega this morning women turned away for not having a mask, not a Cypriot or a Brit.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

In Polis last night I saw a biker, no helmet but wearing a mask :lol:
David
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Ah but the fine for non wearing a helmet on a bike is by some irony, half of that if caught not wearing a mask.....
Does that explain something! Life is cheaper...

Dee
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

If anyone is exempt from wearing a mask on medical grounds then there is a badge available for them to wear.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I had a strange and awkward occurrence with my mask this morning.. One of the attach points for the elastic came off... With difficulty I tied the end to one corner, but it made the elastic a bit tight on my ear :-)
Trev..