Grandfather clock service

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dimsum

Grandfather clock service

Post by dimsum »

I have a 1700 Liverpool grandfather clock which works perfectly well but could do with some oil on parts as used to do in UK. Being in family for generations am cautious of who to trust. Anybody know of someone, they need to have trained in this field. Is there a retired person out there who used to do this kind of work. Kind regards, Dimsum
Last edited by dimsum on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lincoln

Re: Grandfather clock service

Post by Lincoln »

Go to Tik Tok. He is in Chloraka. The workshop is opposite Ruby's Bar on the Hill up from St Georges. He does grandfather clocks and watches a true horologist.
All things are possible
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I agree with Lincoln. Tick Tock 97 738 438
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have been there with a watch and was impressed... More so than one I used in Paphos, who threw the 'sealing ring' away when he could not get the back on ..
Trev..
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I did ask TikTok if he could do my grandfather lock but he was reluctant and I had a friend service it. Speak to him first though and let me know how you get on. My friend who did mine may be able to help if needed.
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

Went to TikTok but got the impression he was not too sure, neither was I of entrusting the beloved clock to service. His reply was Oh it's very old, my reply was Yes and it works well just needs a bit of oil. So back to the drawing board. Regards, Dimsum